My History

Monday, October 20, 2008

Twenty Three going on Ninety


I have been thinking a lot about the "So you think you can Dance," auditions and how fun it would be to go and audition just for the heck of it. I have been just letting myself daydream about what I would perform etc.


For the heck of it last night I thought I would see how flexible I still am. I can do the splits ... but it hurts. Oh how sad. I used to have to put an ankle up on a chair to get a good stretch in the splits. My hamstrings were always naturally flexible... I kind of hoped that they would just stay that way... Anyway then I thought I would see if my back is still flexy. So I just got on my knees which were spread apart a little, and bent my back so that my head was reaching to the floor as far as I could. I got a good ways back... it didn't hurt my back at all... I just felt a good stretch in my quads. So I went to sleep thinking "Okay... not so bad. Maybe if I worked on it I could put something decent together...not good enough to be on the show of course... but maybe good enough to avoid being shown on TV as a bad example..."


Then I woke up. A horrible realization hit me pretty quick in the day. I had SERIOUSLY screwed up my back. OH geez it hurts! It just kept getting WORSE and WORSE throughout the day. By the end of the night I was limping around like a ninety year old woman. I even took some pain medication... something that I don't actually do. EVER.
WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?

3 comments:

deemom said...

Holy Cow Babe,
I hope you didn't do too much
and that you are just sore. I have tried to be 23 and I am 52 It didn't work for me either.
love aunt deedee

coryshay said...

This sounds like me at this point... so sorry about your back (and I love that picture by the way!)

Cal and Whit said...

We love the pic of the cute old lady! So funny! Good luck, we hope you are feeling better today!