Watching him kick the ball around made him look big too! He's so coordinated, and it used to make him look even smaller because it was weird to see a little body using such skill. Now it just fits.
I have two FAVORITE qualities that I see emerging in this new LITTLE KID.
#1 LEADERSHIP. When friends come over to play he starts things up and gets everyone going. At the park he will sometimes take an extra sword or two to give to whatever kids he decides he is going to play with, and then he will go over and tell them... "Here's your sword. LOOK!!! A bad guy! Let's go get them...SHHHH! Be quiet!" and then he has a following and off they go!
#2 IMAGINATION. He has really started to use his imagination more. I think that's why he likes dressing up so much, then he feels more the part. I love to walk in on him making the cars talk to each other, or just talking himself through some little game he's got going.
The good news is that he still has moments that are totally LITTLE Jack. I am glad for those too. It's good for mommies that it's a process. I'm not ready to let all of him grow up yet, but I must admit that I do enjoy all the new stuff. He's fun to laugh with, and it's so nice to have a REAL helper, and someone who can dress and feed and entertain themselves.
Still... when the day comes that he stops giving me GOOD cuddle time... or doesn't need me so much when he gets an owie or is sad... I think my heart will break just a little bit.



2 comments:
I agree...he is getting so much bigger! I love that he asked for his sword that way, that was awesome! What a cute little big boy!
He is looking like a big boy now... sigh! But at least he still says the best things!
Post a Comment