We have been paitently awaiting a promised Halloween Package from Illinois and earlier this week it arrived! Jack kept telling me that in the package would be spider things for him. I just told him that I knew there would be fun things for him, but not to get his hopes up for spiders. Then low and behold the package arrives with:
Spider stickers
Spider paper cut outs
Spider lights
Toy Spiders
Spider ribbon
and a Spider Jacket for Jack
That Grandma Burton sure knows how to please a little guy.
The package had non-spider items too. Here are the boys in the cute Halloween shirts they sent:
Thanks for the package Illinois Burtons! Also this week was the ward's Halloween Carnival. Jack got to go as last years costume: Harry Potter, and took it all in good stride. He only asked a few times if he could be Spiderman.
Tell me this is not the cutest dang lion you have ever seen. Just try to tell me. I won't believe you. (although Katelyn was a lion last year and she was pretty danged adorable too!)
The carnival was fun-ish for the boys. Jack got all shy and wouldn't do any of the games. We mostly just walked around and talked to people. They both got candy though and when I asked Jack he said he had a good time. The look on Alaster's face didn't change the entire night. It was all a bit over-whelming.
OHHHH I LOVE that Aly's face!!! I kissed it and laughed at it more times than I could count that night. He was being so funny. Would not crack a smile. I would have given ANYTHING to know what he was thinking!
Last but certainly not least we got a visit from my Grandma Carmen, PaPa, and Grandma Luella. They came Halloween morning and stayed for a few hours. It was wonderful as always to spend time with them.







3 comments:
Your ward party looks like fun. I am so sad that our ward didn't do anything. It's our first ward that hasn't. Halloween parties are so much fun. Your kids costumes are great! I can't beleive all the detail with Jack's costume.
Such a cute post! We love Jack's Spider jacket. That Grandma sure knows how to please a little boy! We LOVE Aly's face! So adorable, and their outfits, darling!!!
I love the lion costume! Aly looks like he's being consumed by the mane, which is perfect because he really looks like a little simba. Love it!
Post a Comment