and it made me so happy. Halloween isn't as big as Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it's a big deal to me still. I was SO grateful to her for letting Corey be there. It was important to the boys too I could tell as the night went on. The next morning Stephanie got a thank you note and a box of donuts with love from us.
Here is Alaster so patiently waiting to go as I dressed him...
The night was PERFECT Trick or Treating Weather!
Alaster was a little confused, but he very much enjoyed snacking on his spoils as we walked. He wanted to go to the door a few times, but mostly stayed in the stroller and ate. At the doors he was so funny. He would reach his hand into the bowl never keeping his eyes off of the person holding it out to him. They were always so smiley and happy, but he was a little unsure that they were really okay with him taking it. Thankfully his love of candy prevailed over any kind of fears and he got what he wanted.
It started raining so Jack put his hood up and he turned into a whole new character. Very grim reaper-ish no?
Corey laughed and laughed at Aly's huge lion head sticking out in front of us as we walked.
We had been trading off taking the boys to the door until Jack said on one of my turns "Not YOU mom. I want Daddy."
When we got home Alaster went right down to bed, and then Jack stayed up to hang out with mom and dad for a bit. He put on the hat Corey had been wearing, and his Halloween necklace. He was (and has been ever since) VERY gracious with sharing his candy. We ate his candy and the ones we had and I was in such a good mood that I didn't say no when Corey suggested Carl's Junior. I went and got it myself... I even got Jack a SODA that's what a good mood I was in. Jack was shocked but deeply pleased at this pronouncement when I came home.
After Jack went to bed it was time for some very needed alone time with Corey. He has been working so hard this Semester in school and work, and we took FULL advantage of an evening alone together. It was quite a perfect night...











4 comments:
how fun!! What a cute family you are!
Such a cute post! I loved looking at all the pics! So darling.
wow that girl was awesome what a great thing to do
I LOVE CORY'S SHIRT! AMEN!
Post a Comment