My History

Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Fun Together

Jack lately is really into doing things TOGETHER. If he has a certain kind of toy then he thinks Alaster (and sometimes Corey and I) should have the same. I find him saying to me a lot "We need some snacks." not "I," but "We." I'm a fan of this attitude. One new "we," activity is taking baths together. Why haven't I done this till recently you may wonder? Well Jack had given up baths. He prefered just standing in the tub while we quickly poured cups of water over him and washed him clean. Not so anymore. Now Bath-Time is a 45 minute splashing-playing-bonding time with brother.
I am mostly happy about this. I love seeing them do anything that brings them closer together. I have fond memories of taking baths with Ashley Kayleen and with Cal. The things I don't love? Teaching Aly to stand up in the tub (an idea that hadn't occured to him yet, but he now finds oh-so-funny), the MAJOR clean-up of all the splashing, and all the screaming and crying about getting out. (I am hopeful that will end when they both realize that this will be a regular activity now.

Here is another random shot of them doing a "together," activity. This is after bath time and when they were almost ready for bed. MMMM warm milk. So comforting.

ps- do you like the new slip covers? This picture makes the color look more green than they really are. We are thrilled about this new purchase. I'm not embarassed to have people sit on the couch anymore :)

2 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

How CUTE! I loved bath time with my sisters too! The pics are darling! I DO love the slip covers, I was going to say that on one of my last comments, but didn't. They are so cute!

deemom said...

OH MAN OH MAN A BATH MAN HAS ARRIVED. yes caps were intended since i am one of the few people who has tried to get Jack in the "bath". I am so happy for you and your "clean-up" time. i loved cleaning the "mess" up while they ran around the house chasing each other and getting the wiggles out for bed. WHAT a great time of night and time of life for you all. love your aunt deedee