My History

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Silhouettes

For Christmas I made my mother-in-law Cindy these Silhouettes of the boys. I shamelessly stole the idea from NieNie who does these every year and has every member of their family hanging over their fireplace. The only unique idea that I had was putting their initials in the corner, also mine are a different size than hers. Hers are smaller, these are on 81/2 by 11' paper.

It was such a fun craft to do. A little difficult getting some of the details... I wasn't sure how Jack's hair would turn out, and Alaster's mouth was WAY hard to cut out, but I was pleased with the results.

I couldn't post a picture of these prior to Christmas so as not to ruin the surprise for Cindy, but I wanted to post them now :)

And no I didn't mess up when cutting Aly's head out. It really is that lumpy :) Can you tell he's smiling in the picture? We couldn't get him to hold still for a picture unless we were making him laugh. Some of the shots we got in the photo shoot were pretty funny. They would have made pretty hilarious silhouettes, but we were going for something a little more traditional.

4 comments:

Christie Jane said...

Cute! Rick has always wanted me to do those for our kids but I never have time these days. I love them though. How did you do it?

coryshay said...

I love it love it love it! I have the maqterials all ready to go to do some similar ones on woden plaques but haven't quite gotten around to it. You've inspired me though! They look just like your boys!

Cal and Whit said...

darling! They turned out so great!

Unknown said...

Darling! I love them Ash!