My History

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beating the February Blues

It's been a while since we've had an art morning at the Burton household and now I am determined to make sure we do it regulary again. Tons of fun. Here's the breakdown of the morning:

Boys took turns with the Elmo stamp. Pleased with how well Aly can say "WeWo!" (Elmo)
Finger Paints came next. Lasted about 1 minute in which we made a thrilling mess then quickly washed our hands.
Next, each boy focussed on their chosen art medium.
Jack: Glue (not for actually gluing anything down, but for the sheer joy of sqeezing it out of course) and scizzors which he used to repeatedly cut a string. I was really amazed at how long that remained interesting to him. Of course we kept it fresh with making fun sounds each time he made a cut etc. I think the joy of being allowed to have his own little scizzors just hasn't quite worn off yet. It's a big step in the life of a boy!
Alaster: Stickers (Lightning McQueen preferably) and markers. The boy went wild! He made all these really intense baby-at-work sounds and then he would come up for a breath and smile/laugh being so pleased with his creations. Cute, cute.

Corey was even there for the party, and to act as photographer. Alaster's creation is on the fridge... Jack's unfortunately... is in the trash. What?!? You come up with a way to showcase a million little pieces of cut up purple string.

PS. Looking for something yummy and healthy to make for dinner tonight? Click HERE or HERE. Yummmmm. (the latter recipe we added a layer of corn and a layer of food processor-pulsed-spinach... you can't even taste the spinach and it adds a pretty color)

4 comments:

deemom said...

Oh how I remember those CRAFT DAYS. Scott loved anything and everything that could be turned into robots, space ships, swords, shields, animals. THOSE ARE THE BEST OF DAYS. Those are the days I would love to have with my grandchildren if they lived close. Kiss those 3 boys of yours and tell them Aunt deedee loved their display. love aunt deedee

Hannah said...

So, I'm curious...are you going vegetarian? I remember you got that "veg for dummies' book and now you're getting recipes from a vegan site. Anyway, just curious. If so, how's it going? Are you spending more on groceries (always my issue with recipes like the "garner's pie" one... All those ingredients have got to add up!)? Finding things to make that your family likes every night? and lunch and breakfast? Sorry- lots of questions.

coryshay said...

I mimic the comment above... are you doing the vegetarian thing now? How's it going? I need to start making your healthy recipes again, and the ones from that New Dieter's Cookbook that you told me about. That was a great purchase. :)

Cal and Whit said...

Darling boys! I love the craft day ideas! Hooray for beating the february Blues! Don't you just love the fat free vegan? everything we have tried, we have really liked. Try this one, it is really, really good. http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/04/cherry-walnut-banana-bread.html. Also have you checked out where she gives a substitutions list? It is great, and totally gives so many more options to lower the fat, and egg content of recipes! Love it all!