My History

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

CopyCat

This is a little boy in actual trouble:

This is a little baby who thinks EVERYTHING big brother does is cool.

Yep. That's about how it goes most of the time.
Alaster is mortally offended that I make him eat his food differently that Jack.
Jack doesn't get all his food cut in pieces. Jack doesn't have to have mommy spoon feed him soup for dinner. It's not fair! It's NOT! This is humiliating and I won't stand for it anyMORE!
His non-verbal expressions are quite clear.
This week he absolutely refused to eat his oatmeal until I let him hold the spoon. He slammed his hand down on the table so hard he cried. So I let him. I wasn't trying to hold him back... we were just in a hurry and I didn't want to deal with the mess. Oh well... I dealt.
Last week I gave him a cookie... a WHOLE cookie not in any pieces whatsoever, and the kid was on cloud nine. I was in the kitchen when I heard him in the living room bawling like something was TRULY wrong. I ran in to see big alligator tears flowing down his face, the cookie broke in to two pieces, and his little hands trying desperately to put it back together again.
It's so hard to be second. I'm really trying to "give him the spoon," so to speak as often as possible. Clearly he's ready to be a big boy.

4 comments:

deemom said...

THOSE ARE THE MOST PRICELESS PICTURES I HAVE EVER SEEN. You are a glorious mom. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO FRIDAY. I will be there before noon. and is your appointment at 1pm? love aunt deedee

coryshay said...

Those have got to be the cutest set of pictures I have ever seen...Your boys are soooo adorable!

Cal and Whit said...

Absolutely adorable. Cal and I Just loved those pics! What darling boys!

Rebecca said...

That is hilarious! I LOVE the cookie story! :)