My History

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Day

7:20 Wake Up
Breakfast and Get Ready for the Day
9:00 Drop Corey off at work
9:30 Chat away happily to Whitney on the phone while making about 20 laps around the perimeter of Albertson's. Boys in ecstasy in the "garbage truck," cart charming all the shoppers.
12:00 Heavenly Father sends me a gift by way of buckets
Shop at various stores till 1:00
Home for Lunch
2:00 Aly down for nap
2:10 Fight with Jack about taking a nap until I basically want to jump off of the balcony. Tears flow on both sides... details withheld here for the respect of all those involved.
4:00 Autumn stops by to introduce me to her parents.
Embarassment as I remember that I never actually put on a bra today and hope that they don't notice through my puffy sweatshirt.
4:15 Have a "final staw," moment with Jack and am pretty sure her parents heard through the window... more embarassment.
5:00 RELIEF... Pick up Corey at work.
Tell him EVERYTHING good and bad as he listens patiently to the whole story
6:00 Able to laugh off afternoon events.
Spill a cup full of water on Subway's floor.
Jack relates his side of the story to an inquiring Corey and says through bites of sandwich "I tried to punch her... but she moved." very matter of factly.
Still mad, but can't help laughing anyway.
6:30 More errand running. Funner with Corey.
7:30 Return Home. Steal a few kisses in our bedroom.
Show Corey Alaster's new favorite trick: A mommy assisted BackFlip. Wahoo!
7:45 Jack in bathroom. Corey hears a big "WOAH!!!" as if to say "Awesome!" Corey pokes his head in and sees Jack faithfully about his business and wonders what was so cool?!?
I think I don't want to know.
8:00 Send the children to bed with "I love to see the Temple," Jack's fave.
8:30 Watch "The Kite Runner." More tears
10:15 Wonder aloud with Corey at how Heavenly Father does His job. How in the world does He find time to do things like send me buckets when he has Afghanistan to deal with?!? Even more importantly than finding the time... why would he care about my buckets? My problems are so trivial and still I know they matter to Him.
10:30 Resolve to be kinder (you never know someones history... another lesson from the film), and to not complain so much about my tiny trials.
Good Night

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Gosh- I impressed if you're still getting Jack to take a nap. Sam takes maybe one a week now...on days when he REALLY needs it or I know he'll have to be up late that night. It just wasn't worth fighting about. One of those 'pick your battles' things for me...and this one was not worth picking (for Sam atleast). Anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog. I love hearing about other people in similar life situations to me. It really cures any isolation I might feel and helps me grow as a mother and wife. I definitely have lots to learn. Thanks for sharing.

coryshay said...

Thanks for another great post! I'm glad to know it's not just me that has days like this! It really does help me feel better. And btw we really do need a face to face conversation soon! Or even a phone one might tide me over! Miss you!

Cal and Whit said...

I loved reading about your day, challanges, happiness, tears, kisses, two darling little boys! What a blessed girl you are! I do have to say that the part where Jack was telling Corey his side of the story, I had to laugh too! :) I can just see him! Oh man, and the Kite Runner! What a movie, huh? thanks for sharing!

deemom said...

Oh the love you will feel when you think about these days 25 YEARS FROM NOW!!! When they have boys of their own and they have a lovely GRANDMA to spoil them. I love hearing about Victoria and Cosie's escapades. Especially when they do something JUST LIKE THEIR MOM. Love you sweetie have a good week. Especially tomorrow. What time is your appointment/ aunt deedee

Rebecca said...

Ash, that made me cry. What a beautiful way to put it at the end of the day.