Don't worry people... he didn't say a naughty word.
He did however insist that if he ate soap bubbles would come out of him.
Where did he get this idea?
He did however insist that if he ate soap bubbles would come out of him.
Where did he get this idea?
(By the by... we're taking a break from superheroes... long story... mostly boils down to the fact that he's not always getting a good message from them and the ones he's starting to be interested in don't bring the best spirit to our living room even though they are just the cartoon ones. Not age appropriate always. We still play superheroes, we're just not watching anymore)
ANYWAY...
In one episode Spongebob eats a bar of soap and bubbles come out of him.
Jack told me this morning "I want to eat soap so the bubbles will come out of me."
I tried to explain that this was a physical impossibility but no matter how much I tried to reason it out with him he would NOT let the matter drop.
Finally I said "You know what? Go ahead and try. It's fine with me. I've told you that soap tastes nasty and that no matter how much you eat it no bubbles will magically come out of you. If you really have to learn this lesson the hard way then by all means. Go eat some soap and see what happens."
Of course I followed along to the bathroom to see what happened (what if this backfired and he really liked the soap?!? Or worse yet, what if bubbles DID come out of him?!?). He selected the foaming hand soap, put it to his mouth and squirted. It barely touched his tongue when he started making faces and saying "That's disgusting!" He spit what little bit touched his tongue out, and I quickly offered a glass of juice. I might have also taken the opportunity to say "Maybe sometimes you could just take my word for it. I told you it would be gross."
Also I just wanted to ask anyone out there with kids any methods they have used or ways that they have been able to explain the difference between dreams and reality. Is it just my son who can't quite separate the two?
This week he intentionally spilled chocolate soy milk on the carpet and the reason he gave me was "Oh mom! It's just a dream!" and I honestly don't think it was my master-of-excuses son striking again. I talked with him about it and he HONESTLY thought he was dreaming. Then sometimes he tells me about his dreams... like the one where the elephant came to his closet... and he INSISTS that it actually happened. Will not take no for an answer. It's getting to be a small issue. Any suggestions?
Being a parent is funny.

4 comments:
I love that Jack and I loved this post! How hilarious!
That dream thing is hilarious! I haven't actually run into this one. I do have a hard time getting Sam to accept that people like Spiderman and Buzz Lightyear are not actually real. He wants them to come play at our house. Kids are funny.
You are so lucky that his first taste of soap was NOT related to a bad word. We've had to resort to "yucky juice" (tobasco sauce) to keep Parker from saying some naughty things that he learned from a movie....a kids movie of all things; it's amazing what they put in that you don't notice. anyway....i love your blog! your posts are so cute. love the stories, love the hair, love it, love it, love it all!
No suggestions here, but I'm glad he didn't like the soap!! Also your valentines sounded great! I must try these cookies!
ps the word verification is "caker". How appropriate! ounds like Junie B
Post a Comment