My History

Saturday, February 14, 2009

No Pictures

I'd love to post a picture of the heartshaped pink sugar cookies we ate from Schmidt's Bakery this week, but for the second year running... when I said I would take a picture to post it didn't happen because I lost all my senses when Corey brought them home and we ate them all before I even could THINK about taking a picture.
YUMMMMM.
It's just not Valentines Day until you have consumed a heart shaped, pink frosting topped sugar cookie, and Schmidt's makes the very best ones in SLC and possibly the world. It's for sure one of my favorite traditions we have.

But Sorry... no pictures.

I'd also love to post a picture of the fantastic evening Corey and I spent together. We weren't planning on celebrating... like at all... how boring I know, but Corey is studying so darn hard for the GRE and I didn't think he could take a night off, but as I dropped him off to work he said we should go do something and that he would start studying after the boys went to bed.
As soon as he stepped inside his work I called my friend Autumn to see if she would watch the boys. She had offered earlier in the week but I said "no thanks," because I thought Corey would be studying. Good being that Autumn is she quickly accepted and I got planning a surprise evening alone.

I wore pearls my Grandparents bought me in Russia.
He surprised me with a homemade card.
We held hands and ate yummy island food.
We talked.
He made me laugh.
There was some silliness at a grocery store.
We came home for dessert of a couple types.
We wondered how the boys were doing... for a second....

Such a good Valentines Day evening I wasn't even thinking about taking pictures of it. I was just living it... my thoughts far away from blogging. They were instead focussed on my Valentine, and how he will ALWAYS be my Valentine.

So sorry... no pictures.

No comments: