My History

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Accepted

Last night at 12:30am Corey went to the mailbox.
I was semi-asleep in bed but I knew what he was after.
I heard him come back in and there was silence for a few pregnant moments.
The silence scared me and I braced breathlessly for the worst... My faith didn't leave me but I knew how much it meant to him.
Tentatively I called out "Was it there?"
He slowly walked in and quietly announced still looking at the letter in his hands:
"I got in."
Out of bed I sprung as if I never needed sleep in my whole life.
We kissed and hugged, and I told him that I knew all along he could do it.
I am so proud.
Eastern Illinois University is a smart school for accepting my hard-working husband into their Masters in Literary Studies program.
Very smart indeed.
Still waiting to hear from the University of Utah.
No final decisions made yet but wow.
He got in.

4 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

HOORAY! Congratulations! I don't know if I am teary eyed from the post just before this one, or if it is this one that is doing it to me???!! Congratulations! What a neat day!

Melinda said...

Yay, yay, yay! Congrats! I, like Whitney, got teary-eyed when I read this. Maybe it is because I know what a relief it is to know something about the future, or maybe just because I love you guys, and I am so, so happy for you!

coryshay said...

Wow!! I had no idea he was even applying to grad school...that's how much we need a face to face! Wednesday works great...I get off work at 2 ish. When should I come?

P.s. Congrats!

3+Love~aki=Us said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!