We also live by a Junior High and their field is just a hop skip and a jump away. Corey took Jack to play some Frisbee and Aly and I followed shortly thereafter.
I took Jack inside for a bathroom break and he decided we needed to read books outside. See how happy he is running his book back to the field? Good idea Jack!
In the top lefthand picture you can see Jack holding our craft we made when we came inside. It's a flower pot wind chime. There are 5 mini terracotta pots. We painted flowers on them with our fingerprints. Aly is blue, Jack is green and red, Ashlee is white, and Corey is orange. We stole the idea from HERE. We love the family fun website as you can see. TONS of good ideas. We couldn't find a plastic terracotta tray anywhere so we had to settle for an actual pot. I think it still turned out pretty cute. Now we just need to get something to hang it on. Darn. Forgot that step in the planning. We finished it just minutes before Corey went to work. It was a lovely, laid back morning and we were all sad to see him go.
For dinner we had a special guest over. No picture of her because at the point I thought to take a picture of us together we had become un-photogenic due to the late hour and other factors. But I took a picture that was evidence she was here. Do you see the adorable big purse that was sitting on my couch? Now do you know who it was?
WHITNEY of course! Cal had a night away from home and she so graciously agreed to spend it with me and the boys. She made me that lovely green magnet board (that I am SO excited about!) for my birthday and brought it up to me tonight. We talked about the graduation party we are throwing our hubbies, marriage, children, food, blogs... all the usuals.
I love my Whitney. Okay she's Cal's Whitney, but I feel so blessed that I can claim her as my very own sister. I always wanted one growing up and I hoped that Cal would provide me with a good one. Let's just say: he NAILED it. Whitney and I are freakily alike and get along like peas and carrots. Pretty much everytime we talk one of us starts a phrase like "I have been thinking a lot about..." (subjects ranging from food to religion to you name it basically) only to discover that the other person had been mulling the same subject over in her head too.
We really are alike but I must admit she is my superior and has talents and characteristics which I have not yet cultivated. I am a better person for each time that we sit down and have a chat. A real sister of my very own. I'm so lucky. A conversation with her was a perfect way to send out the first day of spring.


6 comments:
Oh how fun Ashley! What great family time!
crap I spelled your name wrong..sorry! :-(
So I haven't been blogging or reading blogs at all lately. So today when I went into my google reader I had 24 unread posts by you. Isn't that sad of me. I thought so too. So I read them all and these are my thoughts.
Your boys are adorable and I love that alaster copies everything Jack does. So cute.
I can't believe you've been married five years. Weird!
I think you are the most adorable mom with your super fun party, fun family activities, and creative cooking. Your boys are lucky to have such awesome a parents.
I think your grand.
What a fun post! You are far too sweet to me. Funny how I feel that you are my superior. I have learned so many important, neat, and amazing things from you. Thank you for letting me come have dinner, and for letting me play with your boys, and watch you be a Mom. You are so great at all you do, and well, lets just say I am taking notes and trying to learn from you. I love you Ash. Thanks for the sweet words about me.
I completely agree with Lindsi; you are grand, in every way. Also, your hair is super cute, and it suits you perfectly!
Can I just say that the handbag is LOVELY?!
Post a Comment