My History

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Color Wheels

The past week and a half the boys and I have been working on an ongoing crafty project and two days ago we finished:
I have noticed when doing crafty projects with the boys I usually end up doing all the work and I wonder how much it actually benefited them. So this time I decided not to worry about how long it took and just do it a little bit every day for as long as their attention spans would allow.
I did most of the prep work one Sunday afternoon. I cut out colors from magazines and made little ziplock bags with each color (Jack helped a bit with that part). Then I used a bowl and cut out card board circles using cracker and cereal boxes that I had saved.
To create, the boys modge podged the circles and stuck on the clippings. Then modge podged over the top. We did about 2 circles a day. Then the last day I hole punched the tops, and Jack strung them on the string all by himself!
They helped me choose the perfect spot in their room to hang it:

Jack is especially proud of the wheels and likes to show them to me daily and name off all the colors. I actually chose this project to help Aly learn his colors and sort out yellow from orange. He's got it now :)
Five points if you can spot the difference between the color wheels in the first picture verses the second one!

3 comments:

coryshay said...

ooh ooh! The circle by Jack's hand is not in the second one... me wonders what happened to it. What a cute project. You're such a fun mom! Hope you're enjoying your new place!

Cal and Whit said...

What a cute, fun, creative idea Ash! Those boys are just absolutely adorable and We loved looking at the pic of them both standing there so proud of their project! Too cute!

Stephanie said...

What a great idea-you should write a book of all the cute things you do with your boys to give others (me) ideas!