My History

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Irresistible

Like piping hot crescent rolls fresh from the oven or a sinfully rich slice of triple layer Godiva chocolate cake... I find this child simply irresistible.
Those eyes... that face... what is a poor mommy to do?
And the kid gives me love.
Showers me with kisses and affection!
Yesterday we were at this massive indoor play place. The boys wanted to ride on one of those huge circle things that the kids just hold on to for dear life to while someone pushes or runs it around and around. Jack was doing the running and so I went to sit down and watch. Seconds before Jack began Aly called out kind of frantically "A tiss momma!" I ran back over to him so he could hold my face gently in both of his little hands, and give me a thoughtful (the kid can kiss better than most his age... you should see the perfect little pucker and the care he puts into it!) little kiss on my lips, and both cheeks respectively.
Irresistible I tell you!
I know he uses it to his advantage. Like last night during FHE when he was feeling a little bit antsy during the lesson... he whipped out his very best charmer face and tried to distract me with more of it. I made him listen that time... but I admit that sometimes even when I know what he's doing I let him win. Someday he'll be 30. A momma's got to get it in while she can!
Anyway I know the reason most of you read this blog is to find out what's up with the two most popular people in our home, and since so much has been going on with us I feel I have neglected to tell their tales. Well... I am hereby repenting. Usually Jack goes first with the updates so today I'm starting with the little charmer.

Prepare yourself people. I haven't done this in a while so who knows how long this is going to be.



Aly has been talking. A LOT. He was a late starter in this area but he sure is making up for it. Some of Corey and my favorite things that he says is:

*Rom (which started as Yam... then Ram...)
- Gram
*Hee Haw - Grandpa
*Werewoofy, Eekydine, Hampire - Werewolf, Frankenstein, Vampire
*uuuuhhhhhhhh...yeah...okay....schuuure - the "uuhhh," part is while he's thinking-then if the answer is "yes," he follows with: yeah, okay, sure.
*Doo-ee Doo-ah Doo, Eh Ya You! - Scooby Scooby Doo, where are you?!? Oh we love this one! True to form he doesn't actually like Scooby Doo but a certain older brother does so he pretends... asks for it and such. Then one day he started singing the theme song. The melody was perfect for a long time... now he just kind of screams it. But everyone in the house will occasionally be heard singing "Doo-ee Doo-ah Doo, Eh Ya You?!?" even Jack prefers Alaster's version.
*A Ute mommy? - Do I look cute mommy? Said every morning after we get dressed or when he tries on something new for the first time. He calls a lot of things "Ute." actually. Bunnies... cars... babies...
*Pickey Pouse- Mickey Mouse - he watched the Mickey's Clubhouse Show while "Rom," made him breakfast and I was working at Great Harvest while we lived with them. At their house he always wanted "Pickey Pouse Waaa-er." A sippy Cindy bought him with Mickey on it.
*Foofer Tats! - Thunder Cats ... a favorite past time to play with Jack: get all dressed up and be sure to have a sword... then run all over the place, occasionally stop, and raise your sword high in the air and shout "Foofer Tats!" then commence running. Fun.
*Huh? A Doe Doe? - Huh? A no no? As in "I'm just a stupid baby... I don't know what I'm doing is wrong!" Aly is not stupid. Not stupid at all. In fact he seems to be following in Jack's footsteps as far as we can see... although he shows it in different ways than Jack. He did this one a lot while we lived with Ed and Cindy. He's not doing it as much anymore, although he is still incapable of looking at you in the eye when being disciplined.
*Baby Eady Arch, Bee Eady Beans - Just as Jack's first sentence was "Momma way down bed, hear it baby Aly." I think I will always remember when Aly said this one. It was during the summer and I don't think he had ever said so many words together before. At lunch time I gave him some green beans to go with his sandwhich and I had complimented him on eating it all while I had been cleaning up in the kitchen. After a guilty look on his face prompted me to ask if he had eaten it all he said the aforementioned sentence which translated is "Baby ate the sandwhich, B (Bailey, Ed and Cindy's dog) ate the beans." Such an adorable confession.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

SO adorable!

Autumn said...

So happy you write like you do! It's so fun to read what the boys are saying and doing. You are a fantastic mom and are raising such happy boys. Way to make a difference in the world doing the job that only you can do, and loving it! Good talking to you the other day. Sorry I had to make it short.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

awww man he is a cute cute kid! and how lucky are you that you got blessed with such a sweet face!

coryshay said...

This was such a great post!! I loved the Thunder cats one! I didn't know anyone knew about Thundercats if they didn't grow up in the 80s. Little did I know! So cute!

Stephanie said...

What an adorable little boy! I would love kisses like that!

Cal and Whit said...

Oh my GOODESS! We are so in love with that darling little boy! Man, do we miss him! It is so hard to choose a favorite little saying, but pretty much my number one is "Eady Arch, Bee Eady Beans" I don't know if I can get over that, too, too cute! I could go on an on about each of the sayings and why I love them so much, but I will skip that, suffice it to say, We love that aly, and "Irresistible" is the perfect description! Cute, cute post Ash.