We enjoyed the company, the food, exchanging presents... all of it. It was just perfect. A few highlights to share:
1- Ed and Cindy got me the BEST wheat grinder. Oh it's beautiful. I was so touched and so surprised that I cried.
2- Cindy told us the story of Ed's Christmas present at which point he cried and Kristine and I got misty next to each other on the couch. Cindy works part time and she had been "saving her pennies," to buy him a Flat Screen TV for his office. We knew he wasn't crying because he loved the TV so much, (although I am sure he is very happy to have it) it was the fact that she had worked so hard and had sacrificed to get him something to make him happy. I love Christmas.
#3 Alaster saying "Berry Riffus... to Oll." (Merry Christmas to All) without anyone teaching him how and then actually getting him to repeat it to Whitney on the phone.
#4 Jack playing for hours and hours with the Nerf Gun Travis got him. Oh but that child was happy and content all day long. That could have been his one and only gift and he would have been totally happy... but he has loved playing with all his gifts from family since that day. Thank you all so much!
#5 Cindy greeting us as we came to their house with a big "You're all here!" and big huge hugs. Those grandparents have waited a long time to have their boys with them on Christmas I tell you what!
#6 Being with Corey on Christmas and all the great time we were able to spend together, with the boys and with the Burton Clan.



2 comments:
I agree. I don't like trying to cram an action packed holiday into blog posts and make it sound as fun as it actually was.. therefore, I have not blogged my Christmas yet, so feel good about yourself that you are ahead of me. :)
PS I have been meaning to ask you about Corey not doing the literary whatever Masters program any more... so is he doing a Masters in design? Or another bachelors? Or vocational training? I don't understand design at all obviously. But good for him and I wish him luck.
HOW PERFECTLY delightful the NON-CHRISTMAS post. LOVED reading every line!!! NOW we know how Cindy and Ed have felt all these years MISSING you guys while we had you all to ourselves. OH ASHLEE I miss you terrible. I miss our heart to hearts. AND SQUEEZING THOSE precious boys. SO you go give them big squeezers from g-aunt deedee. Love you all so much. ISN"T heaven going to be great!!! love aunt deedee
Post a Comment