Top Left: "Habby birshday Mom!" Top Right: "Uuur da besss mom!"
This morning I'm watching the crazy heads run around while chatting away with well wishers on the phone. I probably should be doing a bit more than I am... notice Aly still in pj's.... but I stayed up till almost 2am watching my birthday gift from Corey: The 1st Season of the Gilmore Girls (YAY!) and I just plain ol' don't care! I'll care tomorrow.
Jack was extremely cute this morning. When he knew what day it was he said "I LOVE birthdays!" and very sweetly wished me a good one. I told him "Thanks Jack, I love you SO much!" and he said he loved me "so much too," in a way that really melted me. Then he went away and came back with two prized posessions: a dime and a penny, which he gave me and said "It's for your first birthday gift!" and my eyes may have teared up a bit.
I love them with all my heart.
Later in the morning he drew me this:
Seriously though. Am I not a lucky girl?
As fun as birthdays are though I admit it is a bit weird realizing that I am now officially closer to 30 than 20. With this thought in mind I stood in front of the mirror last night inspecting my ever growing nose. I pushed it in a little and turned my head to see my adjusted profile wishing so much that I had my sixteen year old nose back. Does it disturb you that your ears and nose never stop growing? EVER?!? No. It probably doesn't. You probably have a very cute little nose and have not had to worry about it as I have.
Bet you never knew I was so vain about my nose huh?
Thank you to everyone who has called and sent cards! Oh how I love you all!

8 comments:
I'm so glad you're having such a good day. Knowing your "nose thoughts" I'm going to start calling you "Ash-girl" instead of "Anne-girl". (I know, I know, it was her hair, not her nose....but still.)
I think you have a lovely nose for what it's worth. And at least you're not REALLY old like me. With lots of crows feet and wrinkles on your face. Brandon has never said that I looked like Audrey Hepburn. ;)
LOVE YOU!
Happy Birthday! Did you know that Jessica and I are secretly obsessed with our big noses and I have that same dread of the never stopping nose and ear growth. I don't remember ever having a small nose even at 16...count your blessings cuz you can look back and reminisce. 25...oh so young. I will be turning 29 and that is a lot closer to 30 or 100 for that matter. Miss ya!
Happy Birthday! You are so young and beautiful. And I never once thought you had a big nose. Hope you have a great day.
Every time we drive by your apartment Calder asks about Jack. We miss you out in Murray!
Wow, you are on top of things already blogging your birthday on the actual day! I am impressed! I didn't even know that your nose and ears never stop growing... am I so out of it?? I've never ever thought that your nose looks big at all. I didn't even know you had thoughts about your nose... you and Amy March :)
Happy Birthday! Wish we could go out to lunch, but it was fun to talk to you tonight!
WELL MY YOUNG AND PRETTY NIECE. You are definitely the queen of the day and that you share my anniversary and Joshua's birthday makes all the better. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE. Love aunt deedee
Remind me to tell you in person someday about the day you were born, from my perspective.
Alright, I am so sorry I did not call. We have been so sick over here. Pink eye, coughing and anything else you can think of. Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope it was wonderful.
Love,
Emily
Your little ones are so cute! What sweet lovely things they did for you. Don't worry about the nose. Your too beautiful to worry and you make everyone feel so happy around you that it would be the last thing they would ever notice.
I love that noses and ears never stop growing. I think we should keep growth charts for ears and noses like we do for our kids. Trend?? I think so!
Happy Belated Birthday, Ashlee!
Post a Comment