Yesterday Corey and I took our first ever trip to the Saint Louis Temple together. It's where Corey received his endowment and we were both very much looking forward to the trip.
Mr. Freestone (Rachel did I tell you that Jack called you that once, and the name kind of just stuck?... and have we actually known each other long enough for us to make jokes like that without hurting your feelings?... Hope so!) Anyway..
Mr. Freestone aka Rachel and her husband Todd took the boys for the entire day so that we could go... took them to a children's museum and everything! So nice! We hope to soon return the favor.
I sincerely hope that someday we live closer to a temple but for now I am loving the mini-road trip to get there. If you RECALL on our first temple road trip to Chicago the mood in the car was... serious... impassioned... meaningful.
The mood this time was considerably lighter.
Highlights:
*Swapping funny animal death stories (No we are not horrible people! Corey once saw a squirrel skid across a partly frozen lake to its accidental death. I'm not going to even attempt to tell the story here as I know it could only sound mean... but trust me it was a little funny too. Don't judge me.)
*Making nerdy declarations and hollers as we crossed the state lines into Missouri.
*Seeing a real live wild turkey meandering along the side of the freeway.
*Both making the exact same lame "Helen," joke as we saw a sign for a city named "Troy."
*Looking at a microscopic river.
*Looking at a microscopic river.
*Engaging in a classic conversation:
Name the top 5 places in the world you long to visit
Would you like to know what we chose? Okay.
Corey: Western Coast of Ireland, Alaska, New Zealand, Yosemite, New York City.
Ashlee: Redwood Forest, Paris, Great Barrier Reef, Santorini Greece, the Amazon.
Places that almost made the cut: Egypt, London, Atlanta (yes seriously... we hear Atlanta is relaly cool).
The temple was beautiful and peaceful and just what a temple should be. Then all that was left was to enjoy the trip home... which we did.
Well... truthfully: we enjoyed it until the last hour when we got crabby and started annoying each other with music. Corey high-pitchedly-screamed/sang "Think," along with Aretha Franklin claiming he sounded "just like her," but they were giving me a head ache and I shushed him one too many times before I finally ejected the CD.
We sat in stony silence for a few seconds until the thought struck me of the perfect way to retaliate: Keith Urban. Perfect. I didn't even sing at the top of my lungs like he had done but he still rudely turned me off.
We were snippy at each other for a bit but ultimately we made up and it all ended just peachy.
Now I'm feeling like I revealed a bit too much about us in this post. Hmmm. Let's change the subject. What 5 places would you have picked?
4 comments:
OH ASHLEE London is one of my favorite places. THE MUSEUMS and the theatre and well mostly cause that is the country where our ancestors came from. OK REAL LIST. Does it have to be somewhere you have not been? if so then here we go.
Denmark, Italy, New Zealand--(darn my brother Bob, he and Shelbi are going this month), Ireland, the Panama Canal--well at least thru in on a LARGE boat, that is last because I am afraid of the water. love aunt deedee
Bora Bora, Zanzibar, (can you tell I'm sick of winter??), Madagascar, and I'd have to agree with New Zealand and the Amazon.
I need some adventures, and soon...glad your St. Louis one was a success!
Sherwood Forest for sure, New Zealand, London, Italy, and the Caribbean... or maybe the Panama Canal, like Deedee. I hear it's awesome
That is so neat you got to do this. What a fun day date! I love it! Um...ok...5 places? I think I will say the same 5 places you said. I'm not much of a world traveler! :D
Post a Comment