After Aly went to sleep Jack could stand it no longer and when Corey woke up we relented and let him open presents. Grandma Burton came over first to give her and Grandpa's gift. (he's opening it in the top left of the collage) it was some pretty awesome Spiderman Gear! AND he got a map to the Shed Aquarium in Chicago... where we are all headed tomorrow... A-Yahoo!!! Jack didn't get it at the time he opened it, but we've sure talked about it a lot since.
Also in the collage he is opening cards/gifts from Gram and Papa in NM, and his Aunty Dee and Aunty Shirley. He loved it all guys!
We had been having fun opening presents and cards and then we got another visitor! Uncle Travis came over with a gift and some love. He's such a fun uncle!
After Travis left he got to open gifts from mom and dad. Behold! A bonafide Deep Sea Diver among us:
If you ask Jack what he wants to be when he grows up "Deep Sea Diver," is always included in the list. We got him the REAL stuff... not a costume... REAL. He thought that was pretty cool and didn't he look adorable? He has tried the gear out in the tub and is excited to use it this summer.
We also got him some books that should challenge his reading, and be fun for this summer, and some bubble bath:
Which he has wanted for an eternity at least.
Why have I never gotten this before? These shots were from the following morning where the boys spent a full hour and a half playing contentedly (albeit a little rambunctiously) while I cleaned and cleaned. It was awesome. Bubblebath is my new best friend when I have something I need to get done.
For dinner I again let Jack choose and we dined on Pizza and Mashed Sweet Potatoes. His favorites. Odd combo? Sure. Delicious? You bet! I'm sad I didn't get a picture. We were just having such a good time and I forgot.
After dinner he wanted immediately to spend money that he received in cards. Are we such horrible parents that we let him? I felt like maybe we should make him wait... but we didn't. Feeling on a birthday high he also asked if the banned costumes could come out of storage. Sigh. We had a long and detailed discussion about this with Jack. We went over rules. He made promises. We conceded. So at the store he bought a new iron man mask to go with his costume. He was thrilled. I was grateful that we also had a chance to tech him about tithing and saving money too. He was adorable on sunday about giving his money to the bishop, and was very cute about his piggy bank too.
It was a lovely day from beginning to end. Jack was adorable and so happy. It's such a good feeling to see your kid happy huh? Better than being happy yourself sometimes.
I know we probably spoiled him a bit, but I don't think we did any permanent damage. I hope he just felt really loved. Really treasured. Really special. Because that's what he is.
1 comment:
How fun! I'm so glad he had such a good day. I love the quirky little things that make kids so happy. :)
Post a Comment