The fourth kind of snuck up on me this year... it's a good thing Cindy planned things or we would have just been home twiddling our thumbs.
In the morning we took care of some necessaries of life... I had my first experience dressing a body for burial, I did a bit of house cleaning, and a bit of shopping. The boys hung out at Gram and Grandpa's during the morning so I could take care of those things and so Corey could sleep. Then we picked the boys up so they could take a nap, and got a few pictures at home together before we headed back over to begin the festivities!
Right away we headed out to the deck to enjoy some fun in the water! Gram had a kiddie pool set up and lots of water balloons which Dad, Grandpa and Uncles kept comin' for the boys. There was one major battle and a lot of silliness. In this picture Alaster has his "red, great white shark!" He made it roar all day and tried to scare off bugs with it. They didn't seem to mind it unfortunately.
As always we had some fabulous food along with our fabulous company. We were so glad that Casey and Kristine made it from Chicago to come and play! We haven't seen them in forever. Do you love Corey's face in the picture with his dad? Ha ha. It used to bug me that he wouldn't just take a normal picture for heaven's sakes... but I have come to accept it and even get some pleasure from it. I can't believe I got Casey with a straight face:
After dinner was smore time! Gram helped the boys load their sticks with the biggest marshmallows I've ever seen, and Tyler and Kristine supervised the roasting process. What a joy! The boys were thrilled with the whole sticky affair!
Keep a scrollin' for more Burton Goodness...




5 comments:
I think Corey looks just like Alaster in that picture! I'm glad you're back to blogging...I love hearing about your family! Cute, cute boys!
Oh my marshmallow! Those look awesome. What a fun celebration. Can I just tell you how I love to imagine your laugh as I read your blog and how it makes me smile?
Looks like SUCH a good time! LOVE that big pic of Aly... such a cutie!
What a great 4th! Your family is so fun. Wish we had some around. Thanks again for watching Henry and for inviting us to dinner with your family! It was fantastic.
P.S. The Wheelers found Henry's frog water bottle. :)
OH MY GOSH ASHLEE!!! I have been looking all over for you!!! Your boys are so big!!! What are you doing now? Where are you living. I miss you so much. We need to get together some time soon.
Post a Comment