My History

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Sunday Idea - Did you already know?

Today was a good Sunday. Keeping the Sabbath day holy at home is more often than not a struggle... please tell me I'm not the only one... but today? Today was good. And I found something that I want to share with you! Perhaps you already know about it, but in case you don't I thought I'd post it.

I found it while looking for a story to help illustrate a lesson Corey and I want to teach Jack in FHE tomorrow. We are themeing our FHE's right now around lessons that we think he needs before starting school.

Tomorrow's lesson:
The importance of choosing good friends and how to recognize them.

I was looking on LDS.org and thought there might be some kind of topical search for primary aged children with ideas (there was) and I thought I'd peruse the Friend for ideas too. I clicked on the link and was whisked away to the Friend's home page where they have all these great activities that kids can do on the computer. Sweet! A nice, quiet, Sunday activity for the boys. I for one am in need of just such a resource. How did I not know that was there?!? Am I the only one? Have you all known about this for years?

I told Jack he could play one of the games and he said "This is for letting me play a game on your computer," as he proceeded to give me a tight and heartfelt hug. He stepped back and eyed me with a satisfied smile and an "I'm proud of you," look on his face. While nodding his head up and down he then assured me "You deserve it."

I am so thankful for all of the resources the church provides to us. They make it so easy to be successful if we put even an ounce of effort into it. LDS.org is amazing! And today I bless them for giving me a nice, quiet, Sabbath appropriate activity for my boys. Every little thing helps!

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh yes! We love the Friend's website. You can watch all kinds of scripture stories on there too. It kinda like the Readers pictures and they read it out loud. Sam loves the Hidden Pictures the best though. I'm curious to know what other topics you are teaching for Kindergarten.

Pokemon said...

We also love the Friend's Site. The coloring, the hidden pictures, and especially the matching games our the favorites at our house. Glad you found it!

katers said...

Um....yeah, sorry I thought you knew about that! Parker's favorite is to color the temple. He always picks that one. ;)

coryshay said...

I did, but only because my cousins boy loves it! Jocelyn loves coloring the temple. Haha... I just saw that that's what Katie said too! It's a popular one, I tell ya!

Rachel and Todd said...

So what's the site you found? It sounds great! I think Jack is going to be beyond prepared for kindergarten. My parents never taught me stuff like that! I guess that's what we have to do these days. You're a great example, Ashlee!

Stephanie said...

I had no idea. Thanks for the tip!

Daphne A. Quist said...

Thanks! Sunday is a day that only I get permission to play on the comp :) JK, but this will be great!! Hope all is well! We talked about you last night at YW camp! We miss and love you!!