Post marshmallows Alaster had to have a smidge of watermelon (he was stuffed to the brim and I think he only had one bite... but one bite he HAD to have. I think watermelon juice is running through his veins at this point. If I would let him he would subsist completely on watermelon.)
Then... joy of joys: we had cupcakes with rings in the top. Jack had several friends at school celebrate their birthdays with those puppies and Jack pretty much thinks they are the coolest things ever. Here he is being "An Emperor of Goodness with Star Ring Power" :
He made sure we all had one, and he liked to bust rings with us... especially Grandpa.
After such an enjoyable afternoon we packed up and headed to fireworks in Monticello! First things first: Aly got his baby settled, and Corey and I took a terrible picture together:
Aly was quite snuggly with me through the evening, and I enjoyed every moment of it.
Gram and Grandpa bought the boys some light sticks and they were set for the rest of the night. Holy crow they love those things! We are still playing with them every single day. That night they made designs in the sky and played "light-savers," and chased each other around and around with them. They sure kept the rest of us entertained too... they're such crazy heads.
Then on to the main event:
Monticello put on a very respectable show, and Corey got some great pictures of the fireworks! The boys were mesmerized... it was Alaster's first time seeing them! Unfortunately it was rather heartbreaking when it ended. Jack had a full on melt down and cried and cried because he didn't want it to be over. It was sad and funny and cute all wrapped in one. I haven't seen him act like that in a while. His little heart was broken! And it had been a pretty long firework show too... I think the day had just been so fun and it's a tragedy to a little guy when it all comes to a stop. In a way it's a compliment to the day.
All in all a fabulous fourth!




2 comments:
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I am to blame too. I have not commented on your blog in the longest time.
Allister looks so stinkin big! Amazing how fast they grow up. Looks like they had a good show there. Probably not as good as our Murray Park fireworks though.
Okay, probably better.
those fireworks pictures are amazing! wow! And I love every single picture of your boys. They are so darling! What fun fourth of july pictures!
Post a Comment