My History

Thursday, November 11, 2010

From Corey

While I was at work today I got the following email from Corey:

I think today is the anniversary of our engagement. Remember? Liberty Park? The "homeless" gentleman? "gentleman."

You and me, baby.

Love you,

Corey Jacob Burton, your husband, your lover, your BFFF.

When I came home from work the house was completely clean. He had picked up everywhere, supervised the boys in cleaning their room, done the dishes, several loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded AND put away!), taken things out to storage that had been on the to-do list for quite some time, organized a portion of our closet, vacuumed the whole house (including underneath the couches!), and got the boys dinner.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve him but I can't tell you how glad I am he's mine.
He takes care of me in all the ways that I need.
That email made my entire day... and coming home to such a happy house was wonderful.
And guess what? That's not the first time it's happened.

I love you Corey Jacob Burton.
I'd rather be scraping by with you than sitting in the lap of luxury with anyone else.

7 comments:

Jenika said...

This puts a giddy smile on my face. YAY for marriage, for awesome husbands (major style points there, Corey), for love, for romance, for everything. You guys are so wonderful, and way to keep that spark alive. Love you!

deemom said...

I remember you telling us about "the proposal".... it is awesome. Scraping by with the right man MAKES life worth living. love auntie deedee

katers said...

WOW!!!! 10 stars for Corey! That is HUGE. What a guy. ;)

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Awww how sweetsies!! What a good man!

Stephanie said...

What an awesome guy! So glad you have someone who takes care of you.

Emily Dawn said...

That is so nice! I wish that would happen to me. Sometimes it does but that is only because I have to ask and remind.

Daphne A. Quist said...

You certainly deserve him!!! I remember when you told us about the engagement, I don't go to Liberty Park and not think of that! Nice Job Corey!! She is lucky to have you and visa!