My History

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ada Trip Day 1 and 2

Remember in October I went to Utah, and then I rudely came home and didn't tell you a single thing about it?!? Well I am repenting.

Day One of my Trip has no pictures but I can still tell you the highlights:

-Corey and the boys drove me to Indianapolis for my flight out. I was feeling pretty blue about leaving and to add to my already glum mood my children didn't seem to mind my departure. Corey did though, and that helped.

-My flight was delayed by two hours which I spent reading the most boring book ever written: Middlemarch by George Elliot. I've seen Middlemarch's title appear on several "Best 10 Books of All Eternity," type lists, and I gotta say: I don't get it. Total snoozefest. How it can be compared to a Bronte sister or a Dickens I'll never know.

-Upon arrival in the middle of the night I was greeted by a most happy sight: My dear Aunty and Cousins Aerika and Alise. Yay! We chatted away like we see each other every day, and were most content. It was so kind of them to pick me up at such a late hour, and I appreciated it so much!

-Once we got to the house and it was more than time to send everybody to bed THE GREAT CHILI POWDER DISASTER OF 2010 Struck! I open my suitcase and "What in the world?!?" Chili Powder covered every square inch of the contents! "Oooooh Nooooo." Then began the vacuuming and the wiping and the sorting for laundry-ing and the regretting (Cindy was right! I should have shipped the Amish Goods instead of bringing them in my suitcase! Darn it!). Not fun. Super embarrassing.

Day Two:

Day Two was the reason for the entire trip. I was blessed to attend the sealing of my darling niece Ada to her parents Cal and Whit. It was a day and occasion I will never, ever forget, and one that I wouldn't have missed for the world. I couldn't love or look up to my brother and his wife more. They are the best people on earth, and it was the happiest of days!

Also, it must be said that Miss Ada was completely adorable during the sealing. For Whitney's account of the sealing click HERE. Then click HERE to look at them being beautiful in their temple white. Then click HERE to see the cutest dang giraffe the world has ever known.

Post sealing we all headed out to a church in Orem for the blessing and a lovely luncheon. My favorite parts of the blessing were of course hearing my brother's inspired and wonderful words, and also Levi's heartfelt and so sweet closing prayer.
Then it was time to eat! It was so fun to see so many of my Aunts/Uncles/Grandparents/Cousins and their families! Aren't they all cute? In addition to my family, I was able to spend some quality time with the Lewis gang! And I finally got to say a few words to Ryan and Emily (Ada's Birth Parents). I had tried to talk to them at temple but apparently I couldn't quite find the words and so I opted to cry really hard and hug and hug and hug them instead before a crowd kind of tore us apart. (I was really glad Cal was still inside the temple and didn't get to see that embarrassing display. I think he would have been a bit ashamed of me).



For the rest of the trip I stayed with Calvin and Whitney. We headed back to their home after everything had all been cleaned up, and we spent the night just relaxing, talking, eating and enjoying being together. It was so good to be there. Cal and Whit made me feel extremely welcome and took very good care of me.
Stay tuned for days 3 and 4. And also... I plan on finishing up our family trip from May, promise.

No comments: