Hopefully for the next few days you will see a slew of posts from me wrapping up 2010. I am anxious to get back to posting about the essence of our lives not just the events. You know? BUT... the events are important too, and I want to make sure I "get-er-done," as my dear friend Katie would say. I'm feeling better these days (FINALLY!) and think I can manage to stay awake past 8:45 to do blogging and other things that have been slipping through the cracks.
This summer we went to a spot not too far from us called Lake of the Woods. It boasts a lake... imagine that... and an abundance of picnic spots, grassy areas and hiking trails. It's wonderful! We discovered it late in the summer and were kind of bummed that we hadn't been sooner. We plan to frequent it this coming summer.
For Father's Day Corey's parents gave him a great camp stove so we took it along to try it out. We had a yummy dinner and followed it up with some exploring and hiking. We love the great outdoors! It does a body good to breathe fresh air and enjoy the beauty of the earth!
Okay, Alaster looks a bit messy here, but I had to post these pictures. As we were eating one of the families nearby started playing some really spunky-cantina-sounding spanish music. Alaster became inspired, took a chip in hand and got down to dance. It was soooooo cute, and soooo funny!
Illinois is beautiful... FLAT... a bit weird to go hiking on a totally level surface... but beautiful. I can't wait for next summer!




2 comments:
I love looking at these pictures in the dead of winter! It just warms me up thinking about upcoming summer adventures. I like Alaster's short hair! ;)
That look so fun!! Wish we were there to go picnicking with you!! Miss you lots and hope your pregnancy is going well!
Post a Comment