My History

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Someone is a...

SUNBEAM!!!
Oh I was so jealous of Corey today!
He is currently serving as a Sunbeam teacher (not Alaster's) so he was able observe Aly on his very first day in Junior Primary.
Lucky!
Corey said that when he first entered the room his face was completely expressionless and taciturn. He would not acknowledge even Corey's presence so Corey just sat him down on a chair in his class row and left him there.
After a few minutes had he made his way back over to Corey who tried to no avail to convince him to return to his assigned class. Finally his fabulously experienced and kind teacher came to pick him up. She took him back over and sat him on her lap. (We are so excited he is with her!)
He sat with her for a few minutes and started to warm up to what was going on.
He sang the songs, raised his hand to yell out answers to questions, and appeared to Corey to be having a lovely time!
Alaster's teacher brought him to Corey at the end of church and he said that Aly ran to him full of excitement and happiness. He was rather rambunctious when they made it over to Relief Society and we had quite a time trying to settle him down. He was very excited to tell me that they ate kiwi in his class, and to show me his crown.
We are so glad that he loved it! I can't wait to talk to his teacher and quiz her about how he behaved in class. I am thinking he was probably not as easy in the classroom setting as in sharing time.
Hmmm.
Thankfully she really is a wonderful teacher and I am sure he will learn!

3 comments:

Jenika said...

He also got out of his chair and did a victory dance when Sister Mills announced that we were singing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam." When she was teaching a song that had a line about walking with Jesus he shot his hand up into the air and said "I WANT TO WALK WITH JESUS!!!" Cute, cute, cute. I love your boys!

katers said...

SO STINKING CUTE!!!! I forgot that Aly would be a sunbeam today as well! Andrew wasn't thrilled about leaving nursery, but he had a good time when he got there. I have to say, it IS rather fun to be a fly on the wall in there and get to watch.

Yay for big boy Aly!

coryshay said...

I love new sunbeam day!!! We had 10 new sunbeams yesterday and they were amazing!!