My History

Thursday, March 10, 2011

We are up to our Ears in...

BOXES! And that particular picture was taken when things were oh-so-mild. You can hardly navigate through our hallway at this point. It is downright dangerous and I have the bruises to prove it.
The move is set for this Saturday. We did finally secure a lovely sublet - who was willing to sign all the way through next summer so they are letting us off the lease completely! Yes!
Getting ready to go has been so fun. Mostly because of this chap:
Who finds packing to be the funnest activity in the world.
This is good because we have been talking a lot about the importance of, and good feelings that come from hard work, and Alaster ... well... he's been hard to convince on those points. But he is a total all-star-packing-machine!
One day, when we had packed all that was possible in the boy's room ... they had like 3 toys left to play with until the move... and seriously everything else had been packed up... he threw a massive tantrum about not being able to pack the rest. Full. On. Meltdown.
Thankfully there was work in other areas of the home, but still!
He's cute huh?
It can't be just me that thinks this.
Anyway, we are pretty much set and ready-to-go. I'm a bit concerned about the un-packing... our new place is spacially so different from everywhere else we have ever lived... but what a fun to have all kinds of new spaces to organize and put together!
Pretty much all of us couldn't be happier about this move.
We'll be absent on the goog-ler...that's what Jack calls it :) Ooooh funny story: I was letting him play a game on the computer and he accidently closed it out... well he pulled up the internet, and typed in "googlecom," at the top - I usually go to google to get to the game- anyway he yelled out "Hey mom! I typed in goog-elly-com!" all proudly. Haha.
Wow. I think I had started to say sooommmmeething... ah yes! If we are absent in the online world for a while rest assured we shall return. We have not set up internet at our new place yet, but plan to do so asap (with a totally screaming deal that our new place offers... have I told you yet how much I love where we are moving?!?).
Until then dear loved ones...
Burtons Out.

4 comments:

Rachel and Todd said...

Oh, how I love you. Only a mom like you can make tasks like moving so fun for a little one. And, no, you're NOT the only one. He's a doll.

Jack's sycrits are so sweet. No need to worry yet, mom! Does he know you read them?

RJamie said...

It looks like our house, only packing with Tyson isn't as helpful. He either puts random things into the boxes, or pulls the stuff I put in them out.

deemom said...

WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL...... NEW WARD? NEW PLACES GREAT!!! love aunt deedee

coryshay said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope the move goes well!