My History

Friday, April 15, 2011

Gappy




I especially love that last picture. I think the man-tooth looks so funny next to the open hole and all of his little teeth.
Jack is a champ about getting his teeth pulled. Minimal fuss.
We don't believe in the tooth fairy around here, but when he put it under his pillow anyway and sweetly suggested "Mom, I know the tooth fairy isn't real... but maybe yoooouuuu could be the fairy?!?" I couldn't resist. He gave me the sweetest hug ever in the morning after he found his dollar. Didn't even say a word... just hugged and hugged me.

What else is going on in Jack's life, you ask?
Well... this week he got to say the Pledge of Allegiance into the intercom at school earning him a new pencil... that was a pretty big deal.
He is getting very excited for summer- just 27 school days left to go! Yahoo!
He is constantly singing the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars (hence all of the rest of us can be heard absent-mindedly singing it too before we catch ourselves and say "Darn it Jack! I'm singing it again!") and the Star Wars obsession is dominating most of his play.
He is still as emotional and headstrong as ever.
And... oh yes... he forgot to put on underwear one day this week and realized it in the car on the way to school making for the funniest story I have had to tell Whitney about him in a long, long time. Let's just say he was absolutely mortified, and I saved the day... my kids can trust me to play it cool and save their hineys (literally, hehe) when it matters most.
(I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to call my mom about this one too! I know I handled it exactly the same way she would have. I would have loved to tell her about it! It was so fun to feel like I was getting to be her in a way... I have quite a few memories of her saving the day for ME, and it was really fun to be on the flip side and save the day for Jack!)

4 comments:

deemom said...

I miss her terribly as I am sure you miss her everyday.... WE wish we could all be closer to that reunion day but alas the Lord will decide. JACK and Cosette make a pair did you see her NO front teeth. SHE is behind on the losing teeth thingy. She is 7.5 She was not too happy to lose any of them. HOPE you are feeling good. I sent you an email about my trip love aunt deedee

katers said...

Cute pics. I have to admit, from your description I was expecting the "man tooth" to be a bit bigger and more dramatic. ;)

Rachel and Todd said...

Hahaha, I have to hear that story!

Cal and Whit said...

so so cute! What a darling little smile, I wish I could be there to give it a kiss! Also, I loved reading what you said about the rescue, I am still smiling about that darling little boy! He is so blessed you are his Mom.