My History

Friday, April 15, 2011

Zina

In addition to celebrating a birthday, an anniversairy, and the arrival of spring, I was also pleased to participate in celebrating the Birthday of the Relief Society!

Oh, how I love the Relief Society! Our Relief Society Meeting Coordinator and Committee did such a beautiful job planning our celebration. We had a spaghetti dinner, heard from JaNae about the final outcomes of our SOS Goals (we met and far surpassed the goal btw) and had a reader's theatre featuring former General Presidents of the Relief Society. Top it all off with cake and I call it a success!


So what do you think... did I look like dear old Zina?

Haha! A pregnant dear old Zina... Linda told me it worked because sometimes little old ladies have a "pooch." I loved being a part of the reader's theatre. The scripts were so well researched, and each presented a lovely message. I learned a lot about our history, and love Relief Society even more as a result!


The group of Sisters you see singing were the "Singing Mothers." Who were organized under Louise Y. Robison during the Great Depression. Very cool.


Last but not least a shot with me and the members of the committee who were able to make it. Lisa, JaNae and Robbie.


Thank you ladies! It was a night to be remembered!

3 comments:

Rachel and Todd said...

I'm so glad you got pictures of the occasion, and thanks for posting them! I had so much fun participating. You were a fabulous Zina! Maybe I'll just start calling you Aunt Zina. :)

Cal and Whit said...

You do look like her! I loved seeing these pics and seeing you with some of your Relief Society sisters, that was neat!

deemom said...

Hey hey is the website for the service hours still up? THAT would be fun to see all the ideas people had for serving your community... YOU Make a marvelous Zina.. love aunt deedee