Seriously.
Today begins the one week countdown to the anticipated D-Day.
I'm still sick... which is a bummer... but last night I received a blessing at the hands of my love, and the coughing wasn't as bad come bedtime. I fell asleep pretty quickly too, and that is a big deal these days.
Guys... I am so excited for this baby.
My Katie has been good to encourage me to enjoy these last few pregnant days, remembering that the "jelly belly," will soon replace my squirmy little baby, and that I will miss his having him with me. She is right of course.
But still... an empty tummy... means full arms.
Did you know with both of Jack and Alaster's pregnancies I was worried I wouldn't love them enough? Crazy, I know. I already wrote about that with Jack... and I will soon with Alaster too (promise). This time though... I'm not worried at all.
I know I will be crazy about Truman.
Each night, when the house is quiet and I lay in bed alone with my thoughts, I picture our new little baby. My heart is so full and happy as I think about his squishy little body snuggled right up on my chest, close to my heart. I can practically feel his sweet breath on my neck... his soft, poochy cheeks as I kiss them... his tiny little back and bum as I rub and pat them.
There is nothing in the whole world to compare with a newborn.
Nothing.
And I can't wait!
I'm still sick... which is a bummer... but last night I received a blessing at the hands of my love, and the coughing wasn't as bad come bedtime. I fell asleep pretty quickly too, and that is a big deal these days.
Guys... I am so excited for this baby.
My Katie has been good to encourage me to enjoy these last few pregnant days, remembering that the "jelly belly," will soon replace my squirmy little baby, and that I will miss his having him with me. She is right of course.
But still... an empty tummy... means full arms.
Did you know with both of Jack and Alaster's pregnancies I was worried I wouldn't love them enough? Crazy, I know. I already wrote about that with Jack... and I will soon with Alaster too (promise). This time though... I'm not worried at all.
I know I will be crazy about Truman.
Each night, when the house is quiet and I lay in bed alone with my thoughts, I picture our new little baby. My heart is so full and happy as I think about his squishy little body snuggled right up on my chest, close to my heart. I can practically feel his sweet breath on my neck... his soft, poochy cheeks as I kiss them... his tiny little back and bum as I rub and pat them.
There is nothing in the whole world to compare with a newborn.
Nothing.
And I can't wait!

6 comments:
OH the flutters and kicks and punches of just before they are born THEY SAY LET ME OUTTA HERE.... SO excited for you both and all the MEN that are welcoming a new member to their club....I STILL have not seen Talmage.. I was sick when I got home from Indiana, Maryland and now we are in STG. WE are so excited for you all... PREPARE a pre message so that all Corey has to do is send the email ENMASSE.... LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU.... can hardly wait for the BIG to do announcement... love aunt deedee
We have a bet on, I CHOSE YOU to win the race to delivery; and Gram chose Karen, SOOOO get to work! We are so very happy for you and Karen and Tabby and Whitney and Lizelle. WOW FIVE great-grands in one year!!
Love you and pray for all of you (Children, Grands and Great-grands) night and morning.
I can't believe it!!!!! You guys are about to be a family of 5!!!!!!! Good luck with your delivery! You are one of the best moms I know, and you're only going to get better with each addition! Someday, I will be like you, friend! You have no idea how much I admire you.
three cheers for baby love!
Good luck with the last little bit of your pregnancy. I hope the delivery goes well and I'm excited to see pictures as well. Hope you get feeling better
I was just thinking about you today, and I wanted you to know that! My heart, thoughts, and prayers will be with you as you prepare for this birth. I'm so excited for you to add another little guy to your wonderful family. Love you all!
Post a Comment