He's done! School has let out... and Jack is a free boy for the summer!
He was happy to let me get some last-day-of-school pictures.
I didn't think he looked any bigger than when he started, but then I did some archive digging. Look how much smaller he was at the beginning of the school year HERE. Wow! He really has grown this year! And not just physically... he has matured emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually too. We are so proud!
He ended the year strong. The teacher handed out report cards, and in all areas he received marks as high as they are allowed to give. There wasn't one area of his education throughout the entire year that he didn't. WAIT! I take that back. The one and only exception was in PE one semester... One of the attitude type skills. Apparently he is a bit too competitive. True.... true....
In Parent-Teacher conferences they always told us that he was well above and beyond the levels they expect and hope for. They also appreciated his fun personality and obedient behavior. He's a good egg that Jack.
Corey and I have some ideas to keep his mind active this summer, but also look forward to giving him a well-deserved break. Kids need summers!
The last day let out early so I was able to pick him up... something Corey normally does. It was fun to watch him come out and realize he was mine for the whole summer.
I had so many grand plans for celebrating the last day of school. I wanted to do a "Countdown to Summer," and give him and Aly gifts to open each day leading up to the first day of summer... things that they need for summer anyway so why not wrap it up and make a celebration out of it?!? All it would have taken was a cute sign and some wrapping paper. I also wanted to have a special Aly/Mommy date as a farewell to our mornings alone together.Not only did I not accomplish either of those things, I also failed to make Jack's teacher an end of the year gift... or even a thank-you note.
What kind of mother am I?!?
I'd like to think that if I hadn't have gotten sick I would have at least been able to do one or two of these things... but being sick and big, fat, pregnant was too much.
Darn it.
So instead of all my grand plans... to celebrate I took the boys to Sam's Club for a lemonade and cinnamon sugar pretzel. I am amazing, I know. They were happy about it anyway...
You'll notice in the collage his fun T-Shirt signed by all of his kindergarten pals... cute huh?
Then after dinner that night our housing community decided to celebrate the end of school with a "Spring Fling." They rented big blow up equippment and the boys had a hay-day. So fun! Jack was so proud that he could jump off the top. See the mid-air shot? Cool buddy! You can't see the look on Aly's face, but it was a mix of terror and happiness. Darling.

2 comments:
What a fun end of year partay!! The beautiful thing about kids that age is is that they can feel your love even if you don't make a sign and even if you just take them to costco for a treat. We'll be watching the blog for your new little man's arrival!
Oh, I miss Jack!!!!!!!!
I loved this post and I loved seeing the pics! What a darling little kindergarten graduate!
Post a Comment