When playing games he will look out for the wants and needs of others. Jack once said he was going to be Iron Man, so Aly ran right upstairs to go get the Iron Man costume and bring it down for him to have. If Jack has to leave for a potty break while they are watching a movie- Aly gets up from his seat and pauses it so that Jack won't miss anything. Once we were going to visit his little friend Henry. We had been out running errands and he asked me to go home, get his Toy Story toys (which Henry loves to play with when they come to our house) and take them to share. It's just little things like that, but it shows that he is thinking about other people and wanting to help them be happy.
(Pictures taken one morning at an extremely typical breakfast when I was loving him so much that it hurt --that achy heart thing again-- and I just had to get the camera out.)
He is my best little helper. He is happy to run and grab me things that I need. He proudly helps me dust, sort laundry, cook, do dishes etc. without being asked. He offers his services and is so proud of being a big helper!
One morning towards the end of both the school year and my pregnancy we were having a rough morning getting ready for school. There was arguing, there was dilly-dallying, there was disobeying, there was complaining... you get the drift. I was getting extremely frustrated, and was hoping at all costs to avoid being late. I was trying to hurry the boys along when Alaster had a melt-down over his shoes. It put me over the edge and I lost it and yelled at him. After dropping Jack off at school I had a chance to cool down, and by the time we got home I was feeling horrible that I had lost my patience. When we got out of the car I apologized to him and told him how sorry I was for yelling. He looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said in the most sincere little voice "I'm sorry I didn't get ready fast enough." Now if that wasn't the worst rebuke I have ever received I don't know what was!
I wish I could think of a few more stories to illustrate my point... it's really just a lot of little things that happen throughout our days that when put together add up to one extremely tender hearted little boy. I frequently think of a description Cindy once said of Corey "he was the sweetest pup in the litter," when I think of my Aly.
We love our Mr. O'Malley! More updates on him soon!

3 comments:
How adorable! Isn't it amazing that our kids help us grow even as we help them grow?
I'm crying again. I love this boy, so so much. And I loved this post, really really loved it.
Love that boy! We haven't even hardly seen him, but we love him all the same!
Post a Comment