My History

Thursday, July 7, 2011

What Brothers Are Good For no. 17

Light Sparring.


















I was working in the kitchen when Aly came rip-roaring in to tell me "We are going to box, and we're going to take our shirts off! (laugh, laugh, laugh) Can you help me get my gloves on?" I obliged and went back to work. The laughs that proceeded from the living room were the loudest I have heard in weeks. I was laughing in the kitchen just listening to it, so I had to go in and take a peek.

They gave me a lovely demonstration. Jack explained "First we start like this." - they both went to opposite sides of the room and started pumping their fists in slow motion preparing for the fight- "Then we say, GO!" -at which point they ran at each other furiously, fists-a-flying! I heard screams of "We punch hard!" "Ow! That was a good one Aly!" "Jack hits me so hard and I love it!" etc. etc. They weren't holding back and it delighted them both. I seriously haven't heard them laugh that hard in who-knows-how-long. After a while they were "all knocked out," and had me come put on a movie while they snuggled in a chair together.

From boxing to snuggling, these boys do it all!

3 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

I love it! I remember doing something similar (fully clothed) with my closest sister. Never ended in snuggling though. :D

Cal and Whit said...

cutest boxers ever!! I loved what they said, that is priceless!! So darling that it ended in snuggles!

coryshay said...

I love that they play so well together that they can box and it doesn't end in tears! You have the best boys!