My History

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween '11- Crazy Candies and Trunk or Treat

The day of our ward trunk or treat the boys got a super-cool package from Uncle Travis.
I kid you not, those are REAL scorpions in those suckers.
The boys were pretty hesitant to try them, but thought they were pretty much the coolest things ever. We ended up soaking them in water and getting the scorpions out for the boys to inspect.
They also loved the Prickly Pear Suckers and Badges!
That night we headed to the ward trunk or treat all decked out in costume. I kind of wish we had done a family theme. We are kind of a mismatched Halloween mess, but we still had fun! Can you guess what Corey and I were?

Corey was Tron, and I was... Festive :) Never again will I go to a Halloween Party with just the intent of wearing Halloween colors and nothing more. Everyone was so confused... "What ARE you?!?" I wasn't being anything. I just wanted to be festive. Ah well. I got to spray paint my hair purple which I had always wanted to do :)

I was having a seriously hard time getting good pictures of the boys. But here's what we got:
Jack was Darth for Halloween using THIS costume, which was much too small, but he didn't care :) He was so sweet, that boy of ours. He has a mask that goes with the costume, but he remembered that the Primary leaders said no mask, so he told me he couldn't wear it. What a good boy!

After the ward trunk or treat we headed to Gram and Grampa's. Gram had super fun treat packages for the boys:
The ward Trunk or Treat was so fun!
We absolutely love our ward so very, very much. It is easily the ward we have been closest to in our married life.
I am bummed that I didn't take any pictures of our friends!
And thanks to the Primary Leaders for giving us all such a nice event! You guys did great!

1 comment:

coryshay said...

purple looks good on you!