My History

Friday, March 2, 2012

Suessey

Aly's preschool themes each week.
This week was "Dr. Suess,":
As you can imagine, I am a huge fan of the theme idea.
Alaster too. He is always anxious for me to read from his weekly newsletter what theme will be next.
The week they came back from Christmas Break was "Penguins," which made for one of the best weeks of Alaster's life.

He is so danged cute about the things he creates at preschool. Just yesterday he came bounding through the door... ripping off his backpack... declaring "I have some GREAT stuff in here!" Not even a "howdy-do," before we went straight to his treasures.

My favorite is when he thinks he has made something "SOOOO cute! Like SOOOOO cute, mom. You will love it!" And he's right... I DO!

He plays with the things he brings home for weeks sometimes even though they are usually just things made out of paper. It is so easy to please this child!

I love that he is so proud of the things he is doing. It is particularly nice to hear him tell Jack how "Awesome!" something was that he did or made at school. For him... that is a very good and very important thing!

Can't wait to see what next week brings...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that last picture! I bet it will one day end up in his life-slideshow at his wedding reception. Too adorable!

Alysa Stewart said...

ok that last photo made me laugh out loud. what a cutie!

coryshay said...

Preschool is so much fun! I wish I was still in preschool! :)