My History

Friday, April 27, 2012

Party No. 2 - 31

Two weeks ago Corey turned the big 3-1!
Okay. I know, I know.
3-0 is much bigger, but somehow... last year came and went without much fanfare.
I know why (I was a pregnant, part time working, relief society presidenting, stressed-out-totally-tired-mommy-wife) but even though he tells me not to... I still feel horrible about it.
So this year I wanted to do something BIG.
He said "no," but promised I could do it at 40.
Everybody mark your calendars. In 9 years we are going to have the party of a lifetime!

This year we had a nice dinner at home with Gram, Grampa and Tyler.
I made pulled pork sandwiches (Corey's birthday, not mine), and a bunch of sides.
We tried to have a white cake with pink frosting- his favorite- but there may have been some issues and we ended up with pink cake and white frosting. :)
We hung out and he opened presents from his family.
It was a great night!

Corey is amazing.
He treats me like a queen and supports me in every way.
He loves our boys and finds so much joy in teaching them and spending time with them.
I wish I could have whisked him away to Alaska and given him the birthday of his dreams.
He would have deserved it in my opinion!

Happy Birthday Hon!
I love you!

2 comments:

katers said...

Can I request an invite to the party of a lifetime?!

coryshay said...

Happy Birthday!