My History

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Party No. 3 - Cheesy!

Party No. 3 came about because of two conversations with friends wherein I referenced a certain movie that I love.
Alysa was intrigued because it involves an arranged marriage... which subject she finds totally fascinating.
Rachel... well I'm not sure if she wanted to see it for any particular reason or if she was just up for a girls night :)
At any rate, a girls night we had!
(Top Left: Alysa, Susan, Emily S. Top Right: Sara, Catherine, Marie, JaNae, Emily A., Rachel, Alysa, Susan, Emily S. Bottom Left: Marie, JaNae, Emily A. Bottom Right: Ashlee, Catherine, Sara, Rachel)

I forewarned all participants that the movie is on the cheesy side. We decided after watching it though that it's not cheesy for the normal reasons. The acting is really quite good (excepting one both bitter and silly Asian American girlie), and the story is quite lovely. I especially appreciate the messages about real love (selfless service, both a choice and a feeling, commitment etc.) family, and forgiveness! The things that made it cheesy in our eyes were things like... really obviously digitally created butterflies... cheesy background music... little extras like that.

I'm glad that they liked it! It's a movie that is actually quite dear to my heart. For those interested... it's called "The Magic of Ordinary Days." (shall we go ahead and add "movie title," to the list of things that cheese-ify the movie?!?) And I would recommend it to everyone! It is totally and completely clean, very uplifting, and very sweet.

Since the movie was cheesy so were our snacks. I made THIS dip, and served it with sliced orange and yellow bell peppers, and toasted baguette slices. Rachel contributed some yummy tangy orange cookies, and we were set!

I love girls nights. My only wish was that my house were larger and that I could have stuffed more friends in! All the more reason to continue to have them I suppose! I can switch up the guest list each time.

Any chance my Utah and Kansas friends want to come? Let's arrange that one sometime too!

7 comments:

Kiersten said...

That does sound like fun! Neal and I watch movies all the time, but it never occurred to me to have a girls' movie night. There are definitely some movies that I would love to watch with an all-female audience.

In college some friends and I had a quirky movie group and we would take turns picking one of our favorite quirky films to screen each week. It was a lot of fun and introduced me to some great movies I never would have heard of otherwise.

Alysa Stewart said...

This was such a fun night! (and thank goodness I look better in these pictures than I did last time...) :D

katers said...

Your Kansas friend would SO LOVE to come. :)

BTW, we had our trip to Kansas City today and we were so thinking that we need to get planning our meeting in the middle trip sometime. That drive was really not so bad and we'd be happy to go farther.

Unknown said...

I am all for more girly nights! Especially when the movie is so cute, the refreshments so yummy, and the company so fulfilling. Thanks again for another wonderful party!

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

This Utah friend wants to come!!! :)

coryshay said...

Sign me up, friend!!!!

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

p.s. how far are you from minnesota?