My History

Monday, April 16, 2012

Truman Update 1 of 1

(Isn't he cute?)

Since I have done a better job keeping track of Truman's milestones and stories than I have with his older brothers, this post shouldn't be too ginormous, and I should only need to do one.

So let's get to it!
What He Does When I Am Feeding Him His Bottle:

Play, pinch, scratch, pat, pull, and squeeze every feature on my face and neck.

A Project that Has Taken Him Almost 2 Full Months to Complete:

His bottom two front teeth! They are here! At last! It has seriously been almost two full months of swollen, bumpy, achy gums... but they have finally arrived and we are so happy for him!

The Age His Carrier Car Seat Got the Boot:

8 months. Darn it! Our arms just couldn't take it anymore! It's a bit inconvenient, but he is doing fine and dandy in the new seat. Jack was perfectly thrilled about the change in situations because now he gets to sit by him in the car!

Speaking of His Size:

At his 9 month appointment he weighed in at a whopping 28 pounds and 6 ounces. That's more than most of the 2 year olds in our ward! In both height and weight he was literally off the charts. Corey didn't think that was possible but apparently it is. The doc isn't worried about it and neither am I. He is perfectly healthy and proportionate and strong. We wouldn't change a thing about him and consider his health and plump rosy cheeks and thighs a blessing! And no matter how large he is, he is still my darling LITTLE baby.

A Trait that We all Love:

His laugh. He laughs alone when a toy tickles his fancy. He laughs when he sees other people laugh as though he is in on the joke. He laughs when I rock and sing him Primary Songs at night. He laughs when he is startled (much better than how he used to cry!). He laughs when I kiss his face and when Jack jumps. He laughs when we put the toys in their buckets.

His laugh sounds much like Alaster's did but is still quite certainly his own. He giggles even, and that is my favorite. He also has a fake laugh that is quite darling. I'm afraid he's a bit of a goofball which is simply further proof that he belongs in our family!

What He Does to Reject Kisses or Attention from People:

Turn in to my shoulder very quickly and shyly, covering his face. Then he comes back out and bounces up and down (still not facing whomever it was that had asked for him!)

Something He LOVES:

Drinks of water! He can drink water from a cup like a champ!

A Collage From When He Was Desperately Working on His Teeth and Crawling:

One of My FAVORITE Truman Collages EVER:


Another One of My Faves, but for a Totally Different Reason:

(Is he not the sweetest?!?)

An Incredible Trick He Has:

Spinning in the Johnny Jump Up. Oh my word. This kid will wind himself SO tightly that the tips of his toes are just barely in contact with the floor... pull both legs up quickly... and just let loose! He spins and spins at such a rate that I am sure it's not good for his brain but I can't seem to want to stop him! I have never seen anything like it. It is hilarious! I have it on video and I wish so badly I could get it up on the blog.

A Not So Incredible Trick, but One We Still Love:

Waving. He says "hi," and "bye-bye," with it. He even uses it to send signals... like... "okaaay... I'm done with you... bye bye!" The way he does it is to make his hand perfectly limp, and move his arm up and down so that his hand "waves." Cute!

What He Loves to Do With Anyone Who is Willing:

Hold hands and WALK! Oh he loves to walk, walk, walk! Jack and Aly like to grab his hands and go for little strolls. Pretty cute!

A Quality About Him That Makes My Life So Much Easier:

He is so low key and undemanding. We give him plenty of attention, but not usually because he is asking for it. Take for instance last week when I helped to coordinate and pull off a funeral. From Thursday Morning till Friday Afternoon I hardly said two words to the kid. He was with me as I ran errands and he was at my feet in the kitchen as I sent emails and made phone calls... but through it all my attention was elsewhere, and that darling baby just let me do what I needed to do. At one point I did pick him up and give him a snuggle and smooch for being so wonderful!

It's True:

We love him lots and lots.
Sometimes he just endures our love:



And other times he sends it right back, in darling Truman Boy style:

We love you baby boy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute, but you are right he outweighs Tyson who only weighed 23 lbs at his two year old appointment.

Crys said...

He is a cutie and I'd never guess he was so heavy from his pictures. He just must be a solid little guy. He weighs the same as Sadie and she's almost three :) Love his smile! He seems like such a happy little guy!

katers said...

I am LOVING this post!!! Do you know, I think he outweighs my Paige?? Who doesn't though, right?

And when I first skimmed through the post I had to do a double take and see if you were posting baby pics of Aly. In some pictures he looks SO much like him. Two handsome boys!! I am IN LOVE with the last pic of the post. It just makes me want to smooch him!

I think my heart will break if we don't get one of your boys to marry one of my girls. :)

Alysa Stewart said...

Dying of the cute over here.

So this may surprise you, but spinning is GOOD for your brain! Especially baby brains! :D

Spinning and bouncing and rocking stimulate the vestibular system -- helping grow his sense of balance and spacial orientation. (Learned that from Kindermusik!)

Spin on, my friends!

Rachel and Todd said...

What a sweet, fun-to-read post! I particularly love the picture in the (I think) last collage, the one with him in his plaid outfit; it's the third picture from the left on the top row. Got it? The one with the smoochy lip face. So cute. He's gonna have girls swooning. ;) Crawling--and now walking?? Amazing!!