
Our stake has an annual Father-Son Campout. There's an older fella in the stake that owns a butt ton of land about an hour south of Champaign. So, Jack, Alaster and I set off on Friday afternoon to go Into the Wild (not really. the guy just mowed a big pasture for people to park their cars and set up their tents).
Ashlee and Truman were glad to see us go. They had other things to take care of, which I'm sure Ashlee will share with you all shortly.
Ashlee and Truman were glad to see us go. They had other things to take care of, which I'm sure Ashlee will share with you all shortly.

When we got there, the first order of business was setting up the tent. The boys were helpful and excited at how big the tent turned out to be (this was the first time we used this tent).
Then we indulged in the rare delicacy which has been officially been given the title of "Camp Out Food": Hot dogs!

Alaster was funny, and sweet, and as cute as ever. He even used a normal voice the whole time we were out. He enjoyed his horseman's training. He sat on my lap facing me, held onto my shirt and yelled, "YA!!" and off he went.

There was, of course, a great big fire. People kept throwing wood on the fire, so it got really hot and we couldn't get close enough to roast marshmallows. I singed the hair off of my fingers trying. What I won't do for my boys.

Before lights out we read a little bit together and hung out in the tent. It got a little chilly that night, so the boys made good use of their sleeping bags and hoodies.

I was even able to get an elusive normal picture of Jack and I together. This is how you can tell that he was really enjoying himself and was in a really good mood.All-in-all a successful outing. The men had a good night together, and mommy had a relaxing night with her girly friends.




5 comments:
You didn't even need to label this "a Corey post"....the phrase "butt-ton of land" did that for you. ;) Looks like you guys had a great time! You've got a one-up on Brandon. Due to scheduling he still has yet to stay overnight with our boys at Father's & Sons. Maybe next year.
ha ha ha I love when Corey writes posts. Dido to Katers..I loved Butt ton..I am going to say that from now on. PS I seriously love that pic with you and Truman...and why are you so skinny? No fair! Your beautifuly! :-)
Love that last pic!!!
SOunds fun! and looks fun too!
love the pic of ashlee and truman. I'm willing to bet that one wouldn't have been put in a post by ashlee! And that's why I love it. This also makes me realize i took no pictures at our girly girlfriends night! a tragedy!
Post a Comment