My History

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Graduation Guy

Alaster is an official preschool graduate!
Graduation day started bright and early.
He was such a darling, darling boy all morning.

At breakfast I sang my very best renditions of "Hail the Conquering Graduate," and a little ditty I made up to the tune of Princess Aurora's birthday song:
"Health to the Graduate, Wealth to the Graduate, Long live the Graduate, Alaster!!!! Haaaaaaill Alaster! Duh dun dun dun! Haaaaaaiiill Alaster! Duh dun dun dun! Long live the Graduate Alaster!"

It was pure silliness that first embarassed and then very much pleased the boy.

After a quick bath we took the obligatory by the tree pictures:

And at school we got some good ones with his favorite teacher Ms. Y. She has been so wonderful! The green bag he is holding was a little present to her. I watched from the car as Alaster gave it to her in the foyer. It. Was. Adorable. She was so sweet with him, and he couldn't have been happier to give his beloved teacher a gift. So cute!



Here are the grads before the program began. Alaster was looking a little grumpy when I first arrived (I wasn't late, but I wasn't early either!) but when he saw Truman and I he immediately perked up. I loved watching him make faces at me and pal around with his fellow preschoolers:



Then on to the program!

Ms. Y said a few words and then off they went. Alaster sang very well, and looked very little. You would think on graduation day he'd seem big. Not the case. But I was very, very proud of how well he performed. He used his normal voice for the whole thing! He stayed focused and did all of the actions etc. You can see him "bonking," (little monkeys jumping on the bed) in one of the pics:

We scurried away pretty quickly after the program forgoing refreshments to come and wake up dad. Aly was fine with it.

At home I asked if he would take some pictures with me.
We had such a wonderful morning and I was so full of love for my middle man.
Our kissy picture is a little odd (I was taking these pictures myself people), but I wanted to include it anyhow.
One of Alaster's best qualities is his loving, affectionate nature.
For the entire year (excepting 2 times only!) he gave me a hug, a kiss on the beak, a kiss for each cheek and an "I love you!" as I dropped him off and he ran to the preschool doors.

Here's to a happy ending of a great preschool career!

3 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

What a cutie. Wasn't it so fun to see them all up there?!? :)

Amberlin Gefrom said...

YAY!!! your kids really are the cutest..they do take after their mother. I can't believe how much they keep growing. Please tell them to stop! :-)

coryshay said...

I love the song and the smooch!