My History

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Well we've reached that point...

I can't leave this baby alone for 5 seconds!

Here he is sucking an animal cracker which was formerly glued on one of Alaster's art projects from preschool. He had yanked off 2 of the 3 animals before we found him.

Thankfully Alaster was forgiving.

Whether it is pulling himself up a stair or two only to come crashing down, or finding some errant piece of plastic on the floor (where do they keep coming from?!?!?!?) to dangerously chew, or pulling the Wii and accompanying wires out of the TV stand, or wedging himself between the blue chair and the white dealey from whence there is no escape... this child is constantly getting himself into trouble!

I have long held that babies are far too irresponsible for things like crawling and walking.

If that small ounce of independence didn't please them so greatly I would vote to revoke the privilege altogether. But alas... it does please them so greatly. And who doesn't love watching chubby legs wobble and bobble in their quest for mobility? And their faces when they get caught in a real pickle? It's pretty darn irresistible stuff, I admit!

So fine Truman.
I agree that you can keep crawling yourself into messes of all kinds, if you agree to keep being so danged cute about it.
Deal?
Deal.

2 comments:

katers said...

It would take a pretty cold heart to not be forgiving of that face! Smooch him once, (or twice!) for me!!

coryshay said...

I'm with you sister!! I just spent the last few hours cleaning and babyproofing our house!