My History

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What Brothers Are Good For no. 26

Someone to look up to.

Some days he loves it, other days it grates on his nerves, but whether he likes it or not: Jack is the example to follow around here!

For proof I offer the following:

Exhibit A: Artwork created after Calvin came for a visit (more on that fun-filled day soon!)

Exhibit B: Alaster's replica

First of all, I can't even begin to tell you the many reasons that I am in love with Exhibit B. Does it bring a smile to your face? I can't stop giggling about it myself.

Second off all, Cute huh?!? Even in artwork he is trying to be like his cool older brother. See how closely he watches him?!?

Sometimes it is downright ridiculous. As in... Jack says something to me... Alaster immediately says the exact same thing to me... repeat the process 4 or 5 times in the course of one small conversation.

Sometimes it is frustrating. As in... Aly was perfectly happy to do it (eat that food, do that chore etc.) until grumpy-gus Jack says he doesn't want to!

But most of the time I really, really enjoy it. I don't believe that birth order is coincidental. I think Jack was the right man for the job as first born in our family. Corey and I are trying to teach him to be kind and patient with his little brothers, to set a good example, and to remember that the best leaders serve the people they lead (See HERE).

We think so far he does a pretty good job!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Too cute! Can't wait til brother number two gets old enough for the boys to have some type of more concrete bond.