We spent the evening of Truman's Birthday Party at Gram and Grampa Burton's celebrating Father's Day. Gram, Tyler and Casey cooked so you know it was fabulous! I took pictures but they are probably the worst collection of pictures I have ever taken in the history of... forever.
SO... just know that we had a smashing good time. We ate, played, and enjoyed being together. We were grateful for the chance to see Casey and Kristine! They brought delicious cupcakes and were so thoughtful to include strawberry for Corey and chocolate for me! We gave the Dad's present (Grampa and Corey) gifts and thought about how much we loved them.
Ed was so sweet and appreciative when we gave him our gift. Would you like to see what it was? The boys and I spent a morning creating this:
SO... just know that we had a smashing good time. We ate, played, and enjoyed being together. We were grateful for the chance to see Casey and Kristine! They brought delicious cupcakes and were so thoughtful to include strawberry for Corey and chocolate for me! We gave the Dad's present (Grampa and Corey) gifts and thought about how much we loved them.
Ed was so sweet and appreciative when we gave him our gift. Would you like to see what it was? The boys and I spent a morning creating this:
We put it in a frame for him to have on his desk at work. We wanted him to have a visual reminder of how much his grandboys at home love him!I also made these treat bags for him (and Corey) based on an idea I saw HERE (I was
These boys really are crazy about their Grampa Burton.Anytime we are headed over to their house the boys always ask if Grampa will be there. (The guy works so hard, he is frequently away). When they see his car in the driveway there are big shouts of "hooray!" that he is home!
For this post I thought I'd ask the boys to tell me something they love about their Grampa. Here are their answers:
Jack: "I love it when he takes me on trips."Grampa has taken Jack to work with him, to ward and scout functions (Gram too for most of these!!!), shopping everywhere from the mall to farmers markets, out for bagels at Einstein's, treats at Mickey D's, to the movies... Fun Trips? Yep. Grandpa (and Gram) have that one covered!
Aly: "I love to play games with him!"Grandpa is so good to actually get down and play with the boys. He will play guys, board games, and wii. He will toss a ball around with them. He is frequently given charge of the boys so we can get dinner ready or watch conference or any other number of things, and the boys love it!
Truman: "A Rah, rah, rah!"Translation: I think Grampa is super cool. At first, I was pretty scared of him. I don't know why exactly but something about his face made me cry and cry. It was the darndest thing! We're on much better terms now. I totally love him! He thinks I'm pretty cute, which is important to me. And he talks to me lots and watches my tricks whenever I come over. Yeah. I like him now for sure. I think he and I will be good friends in the coming years!
We hope Ed had a fantastic Father's Day. He sure deserves it!
What would our family do without Grampa?!?
What would our family do without Grampa?!?
3 comments:
We're so funny, we both posted about the movie Brave like on the same day!!! Isn't ig a wonderful movie? I loved the feeling I had coming away from it. I loved everything..the music, the girl's hair, the girl, it was great!!
How fun :) I love the idea of the pictures of the boys for Ed. They look so grown up it makes me a little teary :')
I just have a random question... About how far are you from Minneapolis, Minnesota?
Love the shadow picture! Will totally be stealing that idea :) I'm even going to pin it!
Post a Comment