I've had a pretty interesting day.
My head is throbbing at this point from experiencing far too many emotions in a short amount of time.
Do you get a specific kind of headache from that?
I do.
The day actually started beautifully. I let Bonesy choose breakfast for his first day of school (Aly starts tomorrow) and he requested Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits (remember V-Day? Aly was pretty mad that I didn't do the strawberry hearts hanging off of the side... sheesh!)
My head is throbbing at this point from experiencing far too many emotions in a short amount of time.
Do you get a specific kind of headache from that?
I do.
The day actually started beautifully. I let Bonesy choose breakfast for his first day of school (Aly starts tomorrow) and he requested Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits (remember V-Day? Aly was pretty mad that I didn't do the strawberry hearts hanging off of the side... sheesh!)
After some primping (Jack styled his own hair) and some pictures (which are SO Jack-o... My favorite is the one where he is holding his mouth. I made him laugh so I could get a smiley picture, but he was too smart for me!) we were on our way to school!The drop off went well. He wanted us all to stay close and play with him, then he stayed outside until all the other lined-up children had gone. I cried a smidge as I hugged him goodbye and kissed the top of his head.
It was part pride, part heartache, part excitement, and a whole lotta love.
The rest of our day was a bit of a whirlwind. Corey and I went to Parent Teacher conferences for Alaster. He met his new teacher, Mrs. Oldani, and Corey and I had a chance to talk with her about him and about the classroom before the school year begins. I love her already. She is warm and fun, and seems very driven to see the kids achieve. I was super impressed with her classroom organization and plans for the year.
To make me love her a little extra she slipped a poem into the packet of info we were sent home with. It's entitled "The First Day," and is an acknowledgement of what a difficult thing starting Kindergarten can be... not for the child, but for the parents! In it she assures us that she will "...love him as I would my own, and help him learn and grow...." She talks about having children of her own and knowing that she will have to do this hard thing one day too.
It was terribly sweet and thoughtful of her... don't you think? I think so.
I couldn't read it aloud to Corey in the car because I was unable to control myself even reading it silently. I have been fighting those darn tears back ALL. DAY. I've tried to stay distracted by other things and it's mostly worked out well. Say a little prayer for me, will ya? Tomorrow is going to be hard.
Anyway, as if just the mere anticipation of tomorrow wasn't enough for me to deal with... the rest of my day was jam-packed with both expected and unexpected events (which I don't care to hash out at the moment) which led to me feeling joyous, angry, frustrated, blessed, surprised, guilty, overwhelmed, excited and TIRED.
But never fear... Jack had an "AWE--SOME!" first day "So much better than first grade already!" and he even opened up and told me ALL ABOUT IT. That was new for him. He usually likes to keep his school business to himself, thank you very much.
AND I made cookies after the kids went to bed...
AND my friend Alysa came to read to me...
AND I am going to bed early.
So there you have it.
I am fine.
Ohhh! I must tell you one last tid-bit before signing off for the evening: Truman is really smart. Did you know this? He knew the second Daddy picked him up that he was headed for a nap this afternoon. He cried and cried... poor child was overly-tired at this point...
Corey came back downstairs and in a few moments we heard this massive THUD.
Our conversation stopped and we both just kind of looked at each other. Corey gave a voice to our looks and asked "Do you think???" I said "Nah... It was probably his car thing he sometimes pulls of his dresser... Probably." Corey went to check and sure enough: Truman was apparently out of the crib and at the door crying and waiting for us!
What I would haven given to have been there towitness thwart his fall!
I can't stop thinking and giggling about it! What did it look like do you think? What part of his body did he land on? Did he go head over heel or did he make a clean jump somehow?
These are questions I long to have answered.
I can feel you judging me right now, but just so you know... He was fine! The crying was more because he was upset at being forced into a nap than because he had been hurt. Moms can tell the difference you know.
Okay, for real... I'm going to bed now. This post has been long enough! 5 points if you read the whole thing!
Tomorrow I will pop on to tell you all about Aly's first day and share pictures etc. etc. etc.
See you then!
It was part pride, part heartache, part excitement, and a whole lotta love.
The rest of our day was a bit of a whirlwind. Corey and I went to Parent Teacher conferences for Alaster. He met his new teacher, Mrs. Oldani, and Corey and I had a chance to talk with her about him and about the classroom before the school year begins. I love her already. She is warm and fun, and seems very driven to see the kids achieve. I was super impressed with her classroom organization and plans for the year.
To make me love her a little extra she slipped a poem into the packet of info we were sent home with. It's entitled "The First Day," and is an acknowledgement of what a difficult thing starting Kindergarten can be... not for the child, but for the parents! In it she assures us that she will "...love him as I would my own, and help him learn and grow...." She talks about having children of her own and knowing that she will have to do this hard thing one day too.
It was terribly sweet and thoughtful of her... don't you think? I think so.
I couldn't read it aloud to Corey in the car because I was unable to control myself even reading it silently. I have been fighting those darn tears back ALL. DAY. I've tried to stay distracted by other things and it's mostly worked out well. Say a little prayer for me, will ya? Tomorrow is going to be hard.
Anyway, as if just the mere anticipation of tomorrow wasn't enough for me to deal with... the rest of my day was jam-packed with both expected and unexpected events (which I don't care to hash out at the moment) which led to me feeling joyous, angry, frustrated, blessed, surprised, guilty, overwhelmed, excited and TIRED.
But never fear... Jack had an "AWE--SOME!" first day "So much better than first grade already!" and he even opened up and told me ALL ABOUT IT. That was new for him. He usually likes to keep his school business to himself, thank you very much.
AND I made cookies after the kids went to bed...
AND my friend Alysa came to read to me...
AND I am going to bed early.
So there you have it.
I am fine.
Ohhh! I must tell you one last tid-bit before signing off for the evening: Truman is really smart. Did you know this? He knew the second Daddy picked him up that he was headed for a nap this afternoon. He cried and cried... poor child was overly-tired at this point...
Corey came back downstairs and in a few moments we heard this massive THUD.
Our conversation stopped and we both just kind of looked at each other. Corey gave a voice to our looks and asked "Do you think???" I said "Nah... It was probably his car thing he sometimes pulls of his dresser... Probably." Corey went to check and sure enough: Truman was apparently out of the crib and at the door crying and waiting for us!
What I would haven given to have been there to
I can't stop thinking and giggling about it! What did it look like do you think? What part of his body did he land on? Did he go head over heel or did he make a clean jump somehow?
These are questions I long to have answered.
I can feel you judging me right now, but just so you know... He was fine! The crying was more because he was upset at being forced into a nap than because he had been hurt. Moms can tell the difference you know.
Okay, for real... I'm going to bed now. This post has been long enough! 5 points if you read the whole thing!
Tomorrow I will pop on to tell you all about Aly's first day and share pictures etc. etc. etc.
See you then!

4 comments:
You are the best!!!
Wish I could be there to give you a BIG OLD HUG on Aly's first day! I love that boy!!!
You are too cute Asher! I love you and I got teary for you as you talk about your being teary for your boys wish we were closer Jack looks like a stud for his first day can't wait to see Aly's pictures!
Andrew always pulled his whole body up until his hips were level with the rail then fell over forward while holding on, so gravity pulled his legs down before his head. On the other hand, Zana and Elira would stretch one leg up and over, sit on the rail and tip while sliding the other leg over. I think Truman would favor an approach similar to Andrew's over that of the girls.
Post a Comment