The first chance the boys had to get their Costumes on this year was at the Ward Trunk or Treat! It ended up being a combined activity with the Champaign Ward and it was wild and crazy! The boys won the "Porter Rockwell" Award for the "Manliest Costume." What do you think? Manly? I think they are adorable myself, and love that they wanted to be "Brother Ninjas!"
I suppose we could have made Truman a Ninja too, but when Corey and I found this DJ Lance Rock costume we couldn't resist. (Plus babies should be something funny or sweet... don't you agree?) Yo Gabba Gabba has been called a "Hot Slice of Crazy," and we rather agree... but it's Truman's favorite and we find DJ Lance pretty hilarious sometimes... so DJ Lance it was!
Please note the kiss he unexpectedly gave Daddy (top right) as we desperately tried to get a good picture. (A nearly impossible feat since he didn't want to keep the glasses and hat on, and he wouldn't stay still!)
The Trunk or Treat was a huge success. The boys had fun playing games like Pumpkin Bowling, and they got just the right amount of scared in the Spook Alley!
And after games it was time for the main event! Since it was a combined activity Gram and Grampa were there too! Gram and I manned the trunk and passed out candy to all the darling kiddos, while Daddy and Grampa took the boys around. NOTE: 2 Wards at a Trunk or Treat = A Boatload of Candy for the Kids. CRAZY!
We were all totally frozen by the end so we came home, got into comfy pj's, snuggled up under a blanket and ate candy while we watched a couple episodes of Phinaes and Ferb.
The perfect ending to a fun night!
Okay, now about that Baby's Costume... it came in the mail a week or two before Halloween and all of us were dying to see him in it, so we put it on right away. The boys thought it was so funny! I SO wish the pictures did the thing justice but they really don't!
Truman wasn't the only one to make DJ Lance Faces:
Last weekend Jack and Aly got to go on a special outing with Gram and Grampa to Curtis Orchard. They came home with pumpkins (they each chose a big one for themselves and a small one for the baby), Apple Fritters, Apple Cider, Caramel Apples and some delicious, sweet, crisp Apples fresh from the Orchard. We have loved snacking on them!
Curtis Orchard is so fun to visit. The boys had a great time and loved to tell us about playing on the big blow up slides etc. Thanks Gram and Grampa for such a fun afternoon!
The following Monday we made good use of those pumpkins during FHE. We cut and scooped and carved and painted. For the first year ever Jack actually enjoyed removing the seeds. Aly was still pretty grossed out by it. The boys made the design for their pumpkins which mom and dad made a reality, and they each painted a small one for Truman.
The final products:
We love roasted pumpkin seeds do you???
Truman and I made a special Halloween visit to a friend of ours that lives in a nursing home. I didn't think that Mildred (or the other residents) would quite appreciate the DJ Lance costume so we got Alaster's Lion Costume out. Do you remember how sweet Aly was as a lion! Ohhhhhh!
Truman was pretty darn cute too. He was a hit at the nursing home for sure!
Also, he was a hit at home with Daddy and Brothers!
Other fun baby dressing included hand-me-down Skeleton PJ's (also Aly's):
(Yep, that's Yo Gabba in the background... and the picture on the right shows what he most often looks like while watching it. He's totally hypnotized!)
And new Halloween PJ's from Gram:
Halloween Day I let the boys stay home from school. Jack and Truman were genuinely sick enough to be home and I thought Alaster's heart would break if he had to go. We spent the day playing Mario Brothers, reading books, cleaning around the house, eating treats, snuggling, and taking care of an ultra-crabby-pants baby.
When Daddy came home the official holiday proceedings began!
Our Homemade Festive Pizza tradition lives on! This year I opted for the easiest possible toppings. Using sliced mozzarella, sharp cheddar cheese, and olives Corey and I made pumpkins and ghosts. The boys loved it! If we ever do this again though I would double up the cheese slices. They were too thin for such a hot oven. The boys still enjoyed, and it was rather yummy. :)
During Dinner Truman showed Daddy his new trick: Sticking out his tongue!
After dinner it was time to get back in costume!
Except not for Mr. Crabby Pants. :)
First Stop: Gram and Grampas!
Her house was decorated to the hilt, and not only did the boys get a traditional treat from the bowl, but also gift bags filled with all kinds of Halloween Goodies... rings, whistles, paper pads, pencils, toys and balls, treats, homemade mummy chocolate pretzels... wow! What a fun Gram!
And of course she remembered the big kids.... Corey got his own treat bag and I got a darling bucket filled with Lindt Chocolates. Yummmmmm...
Truman's Bucket was so perfect! Some treats... some healthy... and we also took home these darling cupcakes. Too cute! The one with the eyes is my favorite:
Even though Truman was crabby (just ask Grampa) he couldn't resist some playtime with Uncle Tyler. The two jumped, and swung, and played!
Corey took Jack and Aly Trick or Treating around Winfield, and I put the baby to bed and handed out candy. I love Halloween! I love that we have a lot of international families in our community... handing out candy to kids who had clearly worked hard to learn the phrase "Trick or Treat!" was very fun.
Hope your Halloween was a Safe and Happy one!






















3 comments:
Ah so cute! Your little Misters are so adorable! And that DJ Lance costume is amazing! Bahaha! So cute!ss
Speaking of a hot slice of crazy, that has been my life lately! But things are settling down and I am so glad to be getting caught up with your cute family. Miss you friend! And Im glad it looks like you are doing well!
I am sad I didn't see Truman's costume at the ward party! I did remember seeing Jack and Aly as ninjas, but that DJ Lance get-up is pretty hilarious. I should show Soren the pictures and see if he can figure it out. And I love the ghost and pumpkin pizza idea for Halloween night. I seriously need all the help I can get when it comes to good Halloween traditions, so I may steal your pizza idea in the future.
Love the DJ Lance costume! So I've never actually watched the show... only tidbits on YouTube. Heh heh. But it seems pretty crazy! And you are so lucky to have so much Lindt. Mmmm. :) I laughed so hard when the boys won beef jerky!
Post a Comment