He can do all kinds of manly things, and he's teaching the boys to do them too.
This summer I bought a pretty crummy old wood dresser for really cheap at a garage sale.
I brought it home and in one afternoon Corey cleaned it up, fixed all the broken parts, built it a new back, primed and painted it. By the time he left for work that evening Alaster and I were moving his clothes out of his plastic drawers into his nice, new dresser.
This summer I bought a pretty crummy old wood dresser for really cheap at a garage sale.
I brought it home and in one afternoon Corey cleaned it up, fixed all the broken parts, built it a new back, primed and painted it. By the time he left for work that evening Alaster and I were moving his clothes out of his plastic drawers into his nice, new dresser.
Also pictured in the collage up there: A rocket that he made with all leftover materials (from when he redid our kitchen table and chairs, and from when he built the boys bunkbeds). One afternoon I came home from work and all my little men were outside building it together. The boys helped cut, paint... all of it! And it was just a design Corey made up on the spot. I could never do something like that!
That incredibly crowded shelf full of little boy treasures is affectionately called Jack's "special shelf," Aly has one too. They are also a Corey original design, and match the boys bed perfectly as they were also made of leftover materials from that project.
This next one is my favorite. My boss gave us this old chair when she was getting rid of things at her house. I loved the shape of it, but obviously that hideous brown had to go. Corey made it a darling turquoise! I repainted my magnet board in the kitchen to match. For a while, during a period of many house projects (can you say "nesting," ?!?) that little chair housed a lot of project materials. Now it is frequently the home of a melon waiting to be cut:
I am sad I didn't get a before shot that included what the tabletop looked like. I got this one after he had already redone it. It was a miracle he worked on it! This was also an extremely good garage sale find, but it needed a lot of work. I am pleased with the result- the table especially, but I don't know about our chair color choices. We may end up changing them. This summer was really our first experience in doing things like this in our home and we still are learning!
The rocking chair was given to us by Cindy. She rocked her boys in it, and now I am rocking Truman. Corey fixed and painted it. Then another afternoon I came home to a surprise chair that Corey redid- the seat cushion and all- to match the curtain that Cindy made for Truman's room:
That was more of an assembly project than a creative one, but he did create that wonderful wood... thing... (what would you call it?!?) for it to sit on so that our things wouldn't get hurt in the rain.
Poor Corey is sick as sick can be in bed today. So do me a favor and give him some online love and tell him what a wonderful job he did on all those projects up there!
I sure am proud!


4 comments:
Woot woot!! Way to go Corey! You definitely get a gold star in my book. ;)
He sure did do a fabulous job! I actually noticed your turquoise chair in a picture from Jack's birthday party (I think?) and I love it!
Holy moley that's awesome sauce! You were missed in Arthur today -- I have some extra cheese, do you want it? I can drop it by tomorrow, just say the word. Ok I need to get some tips and guidance from Corey because we have a rocking chair that looks like a "Before" picture to me. What great skills!
I love it!!! All of it! Good job Corey. You are amazing!
Post a Comment